The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Rainbow Boa
 Other Reptile Photos
 The 'Bloods' in CDN_Blood

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CDN_Blood Posted - 17/03/2011 : 12:50:37
What can I say, I'm a proud Papa and like to show-off my exceptional beauties

Some high contrast when Bubba (2 yrs old this summer and more and more yellow all the time) meets Blue (10 years old this fall)

Boom-Boom in all her glory, growin' like a bad weed
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CDN_Blood Posted - 19/03/2011 : 15:28:27
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

quote:
Originally posted by CDN_Blood

quote:

Are these like a subspecies to a Royal Python ?

Blood Pythons are a family of their own and are not related to Royal pythons. The only characteristic they share is the heavy body, but other than that they're like night & day :)

Oh right the reason I asked is that it looks so much like a royal but the head shape is different and it looks to be much bigger then a royal.

No problem, I'm *always* happy to answer questions about them. They're a really interesting thing to co-habitate with if you're into what they're like, lol. Any questions, feel free to hit my yahoo link. I can chat herps for days :)

Thanks to everyone who enjoyed seeing them. They really are stunning to behold, but remember, they're like the Rhinoceros of the snake world, you really do need to know what you're getting in to and they're certainly not a beginner snake, so don't rush-out and find one just 'cause you like how they can look :)
Invalid User Posted - 19/03/2011 : 13:56:03
WOW! They are stunning!
hiper2009 Posted - 19/03/2011 : 12:49:50
quote:
Originally posted by CDN_Blood

quote:

Blood Pythons are a family of their own and are not related to Royal pythons. The only characteristic they share is the heavy body, but other than that they're like night & day :)

Oh right the reason I asked is that it looks so much like a royal but the head shape is different and it looks to be much bigger then a royal.
CDN_Blood Posted - 19/03/2011 : 11:31:56
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

I do like those.
By the way you're holding one, I assume they don't have the same temperament as the reputations they have??

The reputation you speak-of is nothing more than people not understanding what they're all about and trying to treat them like a Royal Python or Corn Snake. If you understand and respect your snakes, you should have no problem handling them (venomous excluded, of course).

9 out of 10 people who get a Blood realize they've made a huge mistake within a few minutes of getting it home, thinking it's something that will bend to their will and can be yanked out of a tank and manhandled like a Ball Python. That won't fly with a Blood and you need to know what you're doing *before* you start with one.

I'm able to handle all of my Bloods, but that's because I do understand them and spend lots of time with them to keep them social, but I know of so many others out there that have to shield themselves just to provide fresh water or clean the enclosure, which is a direct result of not understanding what a Blood Python is all about. Those 'aggressive' animals are simply frightened and can be brought around to being social under the proper care.
CDN_Blood Posted - 19/03/2011 : 11:24:28
quote:

Kehhlyr Posted - 18/03/2011 : 23:58:09
I do like those.
By the way you're holding one, I assume they don't have the same temperament as the reputations they have??
gmac Posted - 18/03/2011 : 21:12:33
stunners, both of them
hiper2009 Posted - 18/03/2011 : 19:58:16

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000