The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Rainbow Boa
 Other Species of Boa: Photos/Videos
 New Hypo Hog (pic heavy)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Invalid User Posted - 17/05/2011 : 09:03:10
I have just added 2 Hypo Hogs to my snake collection. Future breeding projects. The female is blue so I will get pics after she has shed but the male shed last night so here he is.

This is Phineas

Thanks for looking
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sam Posted - 26/05/2011 : 10:25:21
Very nice louise, we have a salmon carrying some of these, you are right.

Hogg Island Boas arnt naturally hypos, they are just hogg island, Hypo hogg island is Hogg island boa x salmon/Hypo Boa. then went you breed two hypo hoggs (het sunset) you get a sunset.

Dont mean to jack your thread louise but for others:

Hogg

Salmon/Hypo Boa

Het Sunset/Hypo Hogg

The Hogg and Salmon make the het sunset above.
Invalid User Posted - 21/05/2011 : 14:45:34
Same as the term Sunset can also be refered to as Super Hypo lol
scubadude Posted - 21/05/2011 : 14:22:07
I think the hypo hog label can be confusing, which is why the term Het sunset seems to be a better fit. these hogs where from a hypo hog bci x pure hog bci
Invalid User Posted - 20/05/2011 : 16:36:40
quote:
Originally posted by CDN_Blood

I don't want to be a nit-picker, but just for the record, Hogg Island Boas are naturally hypomelanistic. I see folks adding 'hypo' to Hogg Island Boa threads often and throw in my 2 cents as a matter of routine just in case they weren't aware of that fact

These are not pure hog island boas.

They are bred from a male hypo hog het albino to a female normal hog.

The dads breeding I believe came from an albino boa x hog.

They are hypo hogs, meaning cross breeds. A normal hog is refered to as a pure hog not a hypo.
reptiledanny Posted - 20/05/2011 : 16:23:31
beautiful boas again lou
CBN_blood- these are hypo boas from mike, so are hypo, which is why they have all the red and orange colours. i have a normal hog island boa who is very hypo looking because of the naturally occuring hypo in them, but she is a pure hogg island boa as she comes from a line of pure hogg islands. i now for a fact that these are hypo hog island boas as i nearly bought one off mike if it wasnt for funds being low
CDN_Blood Posted - 20/05/2011 : 15:50:43
I don't want to be a nit-picker, but just for the record, Hogg Island Boas are naturally hypomelanistic. I see folks adding 'hypo' to Hogg Island Boa threads often and throw in my 2 cents as a matter of routine just in case they weren't aware of that fact
Invalid User Posted - 20/05/2011 : 13:45:37
Quick update. The female still hasn't shed, should be any day now. Good news is the male is mite free now but just need to keep a close eye for any new ones over the next week or so.

The female has not been in her water bowl for the last 2 days, so again this is a great sign. Once she has shed I will get some pics of her.
Invalid User Posted - 17/05/2011 : 18:20:05
Thanks.

The female does have mites but I knew this before I bought her. The male seems clear but I'm treating him too.

The normal hog I got also had them and I sorted that no problems with fairy liquid baths so fingers crossed the same should work for these 2.
flaboye Posted - 17/05/2011 : 15:13:53
Very nice Louise! Thanks for sharing the pics.
sandi Posted - 17/05/2011 : 13:36:48
Loving the names! Good luck, hope your all mite free.
Invalid User Posted - 17/05/2011 : 11:27:21
Thanks Sandi.

They are nearly 1 year old. The female is quite a bit bigger, her name is Ursula! Phineas and Ursula are another Harry Potter couple lol

I stole the bamboo idea from a Boa rub setup I saw on RFUK. ;)

They have some fake plants to go in the rubs around the bamboo but I a on mite watch with them both right now so need to keep the housing pretty basic.
sandi Posted - 17/05/2011 : 10:15:09
Oh louise, he is gorgeous! how old are they? I like the name, is the female called fog by any chance?!!!
I like how you have you rub set up, good idea to put bamboo through it!

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000