The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Rainbow Boa Posts
 Rainbow Boa Photos
 Profile: Alexandrite

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Snakesitter Posted - 10/01/2011 : 19:59:48
This week I’ll profile another of the Brazilian Rainbows I am breeding this year, Alexandrite. Alexandrite is an October 2007 female. As of month end December, she weighed in at a healthy 2135 grams (slightly less than Topaz, because Alex is fussy about eating in shed…whereas Topaz will eat whenever).

Here is a set of shots from inside with flash on:

Left Side

Right Side

Note that the week she shed was overcast outside, so none of those shots (which are the ones that really make these snakes glow!) turned out to be stunning.

I will post some pictures of her intended mate later this week or early next.

Thanks for looking,
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Snakesitter Posted - 24/01/2011 : 17:02:17
Thank you, Martin! I can't wait 'til these pairs have babies!
martinking6 Posted - 23/01/2011 : 11:35:58
These pics really do make me want mine asap, loving it

The overhead shot is stunning

Martin
Snakesitter Posted - 19/01/2011 : 18:11:57
I think we need a Marius water shot. ;-)
IncurableFlirt Posted - 19/01/2011 : 17:23:53
Very cool! I love it when they jump in their water dish and blow bubbles like that. Marius does it at times and it is just soooo cute. Great pic, thanks for sharing!
Snakesitter Posted - 19/01/2011 : 01:05:23
An updated picture of Alex, showing her playing in her water bowl…blowing bubbles, in fact!

This was taken shortly before introducing the pair, as I really don’t want to disturb them right now.

Thank you,
Snakesitter Posted - 13/01/2011 : 16:57:32
Thank you, Kazerella!
Kazerella Posted - 13/01/2011 : 09:28:03
Great snake, great pics and great name
Snakesitter Posted - 12/01/2011 : 21:16:45
I can look, but weights would also be helpful -- it's hard to be too specific on size with photos, unless there is some type of visual yardstick in both photos.

Thank you, Incurable! She's still playing coy with her suitor, but I expect she'll crack to his charms.
IncurableFlirt Posted - 12/01/2011 : 20:46:39
Another gorgeous girl. I love her mis-matched back circles, so cute. I have no doubt that this little lady will put out some really beautiful kids. Thanks for sharing the pics and sorry your outside ones didn't turn out.
hiper2009 Posted - 12/01/2011 : 20:19:18
Thanks for that Cliff that has been noted , When i upload pics of my pair could you tell me if they are bulking up from when you last seen pics of them both ?
Snakesitter Posted - 12/01/2011 : 17:00:24
Thanks for the compliment, Ash!

For the record, however, I *never* power feed. It shortens the life of the animal. All my adult feeding sticks to the same basic schedule: one appropriately sized rodent (usually a medium rat) every two weeks for every animal. If I'm going to introduce a pair for breeding, I may offer them a small pre-intro snack of a smaller-size rodent on the off week before I introduce them...but that's as close as I ever get to extra food. UIf you do it right, they will bulk up on their own. And even if not, in my eyes, long-term health will always outweigh short-term profit.
hiper2009 Posted - 12/01/2011 : 02:11:14
Wow Clif , Alexandrite is stunning love her colouring , did you have to power feed her as well for breeding weight ?
Snakesitter Posted - 12/01/2011 : 00:04:20
Are you looking for a certain color, pattern, or morph, Louise?
Invalid User Posted - 11/01/2011 : 21:45:12
I never get tired of seeing pics of all these beautiful boas.

I can't wait to own a little one of my own.
Snakesitter Posted - 11/01/2011 : 18:46:41
Thanks Oscar and Kehhlyr! I try to go for both color and iridescence in my photos, which is why I take and present separate sets. I'm a firm believer that a good breeder will offer multiple shots of their animals from multiple angles and in different lighting, and not only "glamour" shots done in optimal conditions (and often, lol, by a professional photographer). It's a more honest reflection of what an adult looks like, and therefore what its offspring will look like. Alex, for example, looks much darker inside with no flash, but looks better when outside in bright sun. Unfortunately, the no-flash pictures turned out *really* dark this time, and the outside shots were plagued by overcast skies. My last sets, which I'll place on my website when complete, will hopefully come out better.

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000