The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Rainbow Boa Posts
 Rainbow Boa Photos
 pics of my female is she gravid ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lilu Posted - 16/01/2011 : 15:02:13
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57406964@N02/?saved=1
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Snakesitter Posted - 14/02/2011 : 20:41:39
Any time. Fingers crossed for you!
lilu Posted - 14/02/2011 : 14:12:59
thank u again snakesitter
Snakesitter Posted - 09/02/2011 : 16:31:46
Happy to help. Another good sign would be if the male had lost all interest in her before you separated them. That means she's already taken, or the window has passed.
lilu Posted - 09/02/2011 : 14:04:33
snakesitter thank you for your reply she is on the heated area a lot of time, but she seems restless, not her laid back self,but this behaviour started just before christmas.she does lay at very odd angles.the post has helped a lot. i am going to be a child in a sweet shop if she is . thank u agian xx
lilu Posted - 09/02/2011 : 13:58:58
sam, thank u for your reply i will try to handle her but she doesnt like me at min.
lilu Posted - 09/02/2011 : 13:57:19
hiper thank u for your comments, she is very beautiful,i will post some more pics tonight of my set up and see if it ok if she is gravid, i would be very grateful of any surgestions you have to help x
Snakesitter Posted - 18/01/2011 : 18:41:32
It can be difficult to tell with Brazilians, Lilu. Even in person and touching the snake, you can't always be sure. I've seen more than one story of specialized breeders being susprised by unexpected litters, as well as disappointed by snakes they mistakenly thought were gravid. Behavior can be a hint: is she off her food? Is she hugging the heat? Does she lay at odd angles? One of the few ways to really narrow it is a fetal heart monitor, but even those aren't much use until much later in the process. Feel free to try feeling her belly, but be warned it may tell you less than you hope.

Best of luck, and I hope this helps--
sam Posted - 17/01/2011 : 23:24:52
She looks like she could be in the early stages, But have a feel of her belly, let her slide through your fingers, if you can feel little marble shapes it could either be ovulation/follicles, or small babies forming.
hiper2009 Posted - 17/01/2011 : 16:00:32
Not sure if she is but all i can say is she is stunning

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000