The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Rainbow Boa Posts
 Rainbow Boa Photos
 Profile: Carnelian

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Snakesitter Posted - 17/02/2011 : 00:30:25
In December, we profiled Jasper, a juvenile dark beauty with excellent side patterning. In January, we profiled Lancelot and Galahad, juvenile brothers with good color. Today, we complete the family set for that year with Carnelian. Carnelian is an August 2009 female who is full sister to Lancelot and Galahad, and half-sister to Jasper. She has a soft, almost golden color scheme. What really stands out about her, however, is her dorsal pattern, with its immense and regular spots that capture an enormous amount of highlight color -- far more than many Brazilians do. As of month end December, Carnelian had just crested 500 grams, and had reached a large enough girth to jump to small rats.

Here she is as of October 2010, at 14 months old, in a series of three photos chosen to show different lighting conditions:

Inside #1

Inside #2

Outside

For easy comparison, her brother’s profiles are here http://www.therainbowboa.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=684 and http://www.therainbowboa.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=670, and her half-sister’s profile is here http://www.therainbowboa.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=616.

Thank you for looking,
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Snakesitter Posted - 18/02/2011 : 19:34:56
I agree Graeme, outdoor shots always seem to bring out the best in these snakes.

Dave, thank you -- congrats on the lifted limit, and what I suspect are the pending acquisitions. ;-)
scubadude Posted - 18/02/2011 : 08:31:36
Very nice RB's snakesitter, I really must get my spare room sorted out with more rep space, and then I just need permission from the long haired major to bring in more snakes. but hey the 2 snake limit soon got lifted
gmac Posted - 18/02/2011 : 01:13:30
is the outdoor photo, really are nice to see in real light.
Snakesitter Posted - 17/02/2011 : 20:50:21
Gmac, I think that's the first time anyone has described one of my pets as "tasty".... ;-) I'll take a safe guess and say it's not the first one!

Ash, I think her brothers would be upset with me if I allowed that!
hiper2009 Posted - 17/02/2011 : 01:57:00
Very nice would love to steal borrow that from you haha
gmac Posted - 17/02/2011 : 00:53:23
snakesitter, that is a very tasty RB, dont need to tell you what photo I prefer though

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000