The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Rainbow Boa Posts
 Rainbow Boa Photos
 Profile: Bixbite

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Snakesitter Posted - 09/03/2011 : 20:22:42
This week Living Gems Reptiles profiles another of its juveniles, Bixbite. Bixbite is an August 2009 female who comes from a long line of red snakes. She is named both for a gem (as with all our females) and for her tendency to take random nips whenever she feels her immediate interests have been thwarted (she is the one and only Living Gems snake to have kept this habit since babyhood). She is entering her final year of color development. As of December 2010, she weighed 366 grams.

Here she is in a sequence of four shots:

Inside Side, No Flash

Inside Side, Flash

Inside Top, No Flash

Inside Top, Flash

(Her outside pictures came out poorly.)

Bixbite is a tough call. She is one of three females in our “possible cut” pool, and I can see her color development going either way. We will be watching her closely as the year develops to see how her final color plays out.

Thank you for looking,
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Snakesitter Posted - 14/03/2011 : 17:23:41
Thanks RaverBaby!
RaverBaby Posted - 14/03/2011 : 14:39:51
hi my female looks like yours very bright
Snakesitter Posted - 10/03/2011 : 18:50:13
Because all my other Brazilans (except Vlad) will come right up to my nose without issue, so the risk never occurred to me.

She'll get to your door soon enough. :D In the meantime, good job doing your planning beforehand!
Tui Posted - 10/03/2011 : 11:08:26
On the nose??!! :D Why on earth did you stuck your nose so close? ;) That must have hurt like bleep.
Its really fun seeing all kinds of personalities among snakes. I have heard from many people that "snakes are all the same", but that is not true at all! Well, they dont know snakes at all, we must leave those comments unanswered :)

This waiting is killing me, and im still teasing myself by looking at the pics :D
Snakesitter Posted - 09/03/2011 : 22:10:53
Thanks Graeme!

Tui, she has one of most fitting names in my collection. She never *looks* angry, and that's part of the challenge. She'll be 100% passive, even friendly and curious, up until you do something she does not like. Then she dispenses The Teeth of Vengence. Usually, just one quick nip, not even bad, and then she's your best friend again. I've only had one bad bite from her, back when she was a bit more placid. I'd ironically just told my mate she'd never tag me...and and she hooked me square on the nose. :D

Her iridescence is good, Oscar, but her colors are more muted than I like -- except under bright sun or flash, when that background color sometimes jumps from brownish to a deep dark intense red.

Thanks for looking and commenting, everyone!
oakleyman18 Posted - 09/03/2011 : 21:31:48
One of the best looking snakes you have Cliff - I am in irridescent love.
Tui Posted - 09/03/2011 : 20:41:54
Thats a beautiful snake and what a name! I love it! :)

Cant wait to see what kind of colouring my girl has (if colouring is the correct term :))

Have you had any bad bites from her? She doesnt look angry at all :D

gmac Posted - 09/03/2011 : 20:28:45
another looker snakesitter, hope she pans out well

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000