The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Rainbow Boa Posts
 Rainbow Boa Photos
 size shot

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CDN_Blood Posted - 16/03/2011 : 11:38:10
It's always good to capture someone in the image so there's something to indicate relative size, but unfortunately my roommate is afraid of Skyler and won't hold her, so I had to get in there for size comparison. He has no problem handling my 5 1/2 foot Blood, but this one he won't handle, lol.

She's just over 4 feet in this image...

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Snakesitter Posted - 18/03/2011 : 19:48:54
LOL! Sorry, Todd, that was me slipping up. She's definitely not a Brazilian. I'm just way too used to typing that word as a synonym for "rainbow."

Good looking snake!
CDN_Blood Posted - 17/03/2011 : 12:44:18
quote:
Originally posted by Snakesitter

Wow....he'll handle the Blood over the Brazilian? That's a first....

Okay, now you're just confusing the aged, which is fun but not nice, lol. Oh sure, her subspecies was in question but I *know* she's not a Brazilian. I thought we had her pegged as a Guyanan (scratches head).

As for the Bloods, I think it's because he's seen me raise them from tiny little pups that fit in the palm of my hand and they've never shown any aggression, whereas wee Miss here tagged him on her first day and would swing at anything that got too close for the first two months after she arrived, so he doesn't trust her.

I added pics of my rockin' Blood buddies to the Other Reptile Photos page so you can see them http://www.therainbowboa.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=847
hiper2009 Posted - 16/03/2011 : 19:46:40
quote:
Originally posted by CDN_Blood

quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

She is amazing love her size and colouring !

Is your room mate scared that she will bite?

She tagged roomie on her first day here. Just a little warning, really, he didn't even bleed.

She was quite over-fed when I was asked to take her, so she was big, bold and everything was food in her eyes. She's since been trimmed-out and toned as well as developed some trust that these new people in her life aren't going to eat her, so she's considerably less stand-offish and is starting to act like a normal Rainbow should.

When the Blood Pythons in the house are easier to deal with than a 4 foot Rainbow Boa, you know you've got some work to do

Oh tell him it was only a nip it didn't even make him bleed lol..
Snakesitter Posted - 16/03/2011 : 19:09:44
Wow....he'll handle the Blood over the Brazilian? That's a first....

Good job slimming her down, she looks great!
CDN_Blood Posted - 16/03/2011 : 12:36:49
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

She tagged roomie on her first day here. Just a little warning, really, he didn't even bleed.

She was quite over-fed when I was asked to take her, so she was big, bold and everything was food in her eyes. She's since been trimmed-out and toned as well as developed some trust that these new people in her life aren't going to eat her, so she's considerably less stand-offish and is starting to act like a normal Rainbow should.

When the Blood Pythons in the house are easier to deal with than a 4 foot Rainbow Boa, you know you've got some work to do
hiper2009 Posted - 16/03/2011 : 12:28:53

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000