The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Rainbow Boa Posts
 Rainbow Boa Photos
 A playmate for Skyler

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CDN_Blood Posted - 27/03/2011 : 00:09:31
Enter Tagz. I never look a gift snake in the mouth, and with this one there's not much need at the moment. It ain't called Tagz for nothing, lol.

I hope this one is the same sex as Skyler so they can eventually hang-out together without worry of cross-polination, so to speak

Once it's a little more chill, I'll get some better shots to show it's wee size.

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CDN_Blood Posted - 31/03/2011 : 23:15:46
quote:
Originally posted by Snakesitter

I admire the keepers with attitude like yours! It's unfortunately rare these days. There was a fellow on another site, sbout six weeks back, that could only have one reptile in the new apartment he was moving to. So, he decided he'd rehome *all* his current pets and get something different.... :::facepalm:::

Well thanks

I've kept track of those in my area who swap reptiles like they're trading cards, those who inbreed, those who hybridize and anyone advertising things like 'sold to first one with the cash' on a black list. It really sickens me that someone could put a dollar value on a living thing, but you just can't educate or guide someone with that attitude, so I just make sure they're kept at a good distance.
Snakesitter Posted - 31/03/2011 : 18:27:40
I admire the keepers with attitude like yours! It's unfortunately rare these days. There was a fellow on another site, sbout six weeks back, that could only have one reptile in the new apartment he was moving to. So, he decided he'd rehome *all* his current pets and get something different.... :::facepalm:::
CDN_Blood Posted - 31/03/2011 : 17:40:53
quote:

Find their way to you? What's your secret? ;-)

I'm glad he/she found a good home with someone who cares -- best of luck!

I grew tired of local reptile clubs as the focus shifted to the almighty dollar instead of it being about the passion for the animals, so I created my own local and national networks. Since I was already well established in my area, word spread quickly and folks know that when I take-in an animal in need, I'm in it for the long haul and will have that animal until one of us passes away. My devotion and desire to help has them coming right to my door in many cases. I only wish I could help them all
Snakesitter Posted - 30/03/2011 : 21:00:13
Find their way to you? What's your secret? ;-)

I'm glad he/she found a good home with someone who cares -- best of luck!
CDN_Blood Posted - 30/03/2011 : 03:11:06
quote:

Very nice pickup, CDN! How old? And was he/she bitey for the last owner, too?

Well, I haven't actually picked-up a snake for years, lol...they kinda find their way to me, but thanks, I'm sure happy with it :)

I'd say it's under a year old, and probably about 6-8 months or so. It's certainly been eating well for whomever bred it and dropped 5 of them off at the local reptile rescue from which it found it's way to my door.

I have no doubt it was nippy for said person who bred it...if they cared about them, they'd certainly have socialized them and not dropped them-off at such a place, but hey, I'm speculating so I can't *really* say. All I *can* say is that it's going well and it seems comfortable enough that I'm going to see if it'll eat for me this week (crosses fingers).
IncurableFlirt Posted - 30/03/2011 : 00:21:51
That is one gorgeous looking little snakey. I love the coloring! Sure hope (s)he settles down quickly for you.
Snakesitter Posted - 28/03/2011 : 20:17:43
Very nice pickup, CDN! How old? And was he/she bitey for the last owner, too?
LadySerpent Posted - 28/03/2011 : 00:23:59
awww... what a cutie.
gmac Posted - 27/03/2011 : 00:11:22
love the markings on this one, very nice addition

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000