The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Rainbow Boa Posts
 Rainbow Boa Photos
 Profile: Scarface

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Snakesitter Posted - 06/04/2011 : 21:02:11
This week Living Gems Reptiles profiles another of its adults, Scarface. Scarface is a July 2008 male who hails from Texas. As of December 2010, he weighed 1040 grams (light for his age -- he has proven to be a good eater but slow grower).

Here he is in a sequence of four shots under different lighting:

Outside Front

Outside Side

Inside, No Flash

Inside, Flash

Note the big differences each of these lighting conditions reveals.

Thank you for looking,
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Snakesitter Posted - 15/04/2011 : 23:06:19
Thank you, Dave!

Tui, you are correct, international shipping isn't cheap. The rules for importing, though, can be even worse. If I get enough interest from your country, I'll look into it though. My domain is locked in my name, but there is no website there yet. For the moment our Facebook page is our main website. The link is in my sig.

Oscar, it is indeed an Apple screen -- an 3.5-year-old iMac screen to be specific. Work is a four-year-old Dell flatscreen. Macs as a rule though, tend to handle graphics and color better.
oakleyman18 Posted - 15/04/2011 : 10:06:38
As for the Mac/PC difference, I'm guessing you're running your Mac OS on an Apple screen? What screen are you using for your windows PC? It will most likely be down to screen specs rather than the OS..
Tui Posted - 15/04/2011 : 09:45:20
I'm guessing international shipping isnt very cheap :D Maybe ill find one here, but its still not the same thing :)
A bit OT, but is your homepage in use at the moment? I cant get there, dont know why....
scubadude Posted - 15/04/2011 : 08:08:56
As always Cliff a truly beautiful BRB, the difference between indoor and outdoor lighting is staggering. thanks for sharing
Snakesitter Posted - 14/04/2011 : 19:35:27
Now that would be a world-traveling baby!!! :D I'm still looking into international shipping, but my first additions when set up will probably be Canada and the UK, as they have the most potential for repeat business. Still, I suppose I have 15 months to sort other destinations out, huh?

Thanks for the kind words on Scarface! I'm sure he'd appreciate it...if he spoke human.... ;-)
Tui Posted - 14/04/2011 : 13:01:27
How much do you think it would cost me if you send me one your lovely little babies?? :D
Scarface is really handsome! I going to have to get a boy too.....
I like the outside side picture the most, what a face, oi... :)
Snakesitter Posted - 07/04/2011 : 19:18:46
Yes, Scarface does look pretty dope in that last shot.

Go for it -- we always love to see more pictures!!!
Hammy Posted - 07/04/2011 : 18:51:38
I love the 4th photo as it shows the incredible irredescence dow the flanks ! ! !

Thanks for sharing and now the weather has warmed up her in good old blighty, I hope to take Ziggy out in the sun for a while and take some photos this weekend :)
Snakesitter Posted - 07/04/2011 : 18:21:41
Wups, sorry Graeme -- you posted just after I'd hit the reply button, so I never saw your comment! Thanks for kind words; I'm pretty happy with him.

Daniel, thanks! All of the pictures are accurate, though -- for their specific light condition. I usually see Scarface in dim inside lighting (not surprising, as the room is set up for that), but the outside picts are spot on for when I have him in that light, and the flash pict is consistent with those rare occasions I have him under brighter inside light. Thus, I offer all options so that people can see the full range.

I'm always more troubled by the Mac/PC difference -- Brazilians look brighter and more accurate on my Mac at home -- than the lighting differences!

Thanks for looking and commenting,
reptiledanny Posted - 07/04/2011 : 07:54:50
Its nice to see the different lights. Which one is closest to his actual colour? He looks amazing
Snakesitter Posted - 06/04/2011 : 22:20:40
Thanks Newbie and Oscar.

"Evil"?! Well, maybe if you're a rodent....
gmac Posted - 06/04/2011 : 22:19:39
woohoo, the outside photos first is impressive the difference the lighting makes, but you just cant beat natural light. Am surprised though as I thought Texans like to go big. Is another cracking specimen of a rainbow, Snakesitter.
oakleyman18 Posted - 06/04/2011 : 21:50:09
He looks amazing! But positively evil in the second shot
newbie Posted - 06/04/2011 : 21:12:17
Oh he's beautiful! What a handsome man

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000