The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Rainbow Boa Posts
 Rainbow Boa Photos
 BRB photos

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Stevie-eff Posted - 08/04/2011 : 21:08:24
Hi all,

Here are some photos of my female CB10 BRB, Akane.

Caught a bit of her iridesecence, but just 24 hours later she started to go blue, so she dosnt lok as bright as usual.

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Snakesitter Posted - 11/04/2011 : 16:51:22
Sharp eye, Welly -- good job!

Stevie, more great picts! Just make sure you keep an eye on her anytime you run the fogger with her in the cage, just in case she decides to check it out.
Welly Posted - 10/04/2011 : 10:31:34
quote:
Originally posted by Stevie-eff

Good points Welly,
Thanks for the comments and advice.

Since taking the photos i have gone mad with my silicone gun (with reptile safe sealant) and sealed up all the edges, the wood is laminated and the vents are pushed into the holes the other way so they cant be pushed out and siliconed in for extra security. Also, low level vents are blocked up to prevent heat loss/drafts at basking height. Metal caps are also covered in silicone seal now to prevent moisture.

To be honest, since getting my BRB i have had t learn fast about humidity and the effects of it on vivariums and decor. Its a steep learning curve! But my temp and humidity are right and my BRB is healthy and eating and shedding well.

The advice i would give, if you'd like it is to weekly check everything. The amount of mould build up in such a short period of time is quite scary if you don't keep on top of it.
I poly lined my viv to stop the moisture build up attacking the wood.
I have 3 vents open in mine. I had 2, but yesterday opened up another.
1 open in the hot end and 2 now in the cooler end. I have found the moisture retains the heat and trying to get the cooler end to drop is/was a challenge
Stevie-eff Posted - 10/04/2011 : 00:29:28

Good points Welly,
Thanks for the comments and advice.

Since taking the photos i have gone mad with my silicone gun (with reptile safe sealant) and sealed up all the edges, the wood is laminated and the vents are pushed into the holes the other way so they cant be pushed out and siliconed in for extra security. Also, low level vents are blocked up to prevent heat loss/drafts at basking height. Metal caps are also covered in silicone seal now to prevent moisture.

To be honest, since getting my BRB i have had t learn fast about humidity and the effects of it on vivariums and decor. Its a steep learning curve! But my temp and humidity are right and my BRB is healthy and eating and shedding well.
Welly Posted - 09/04/2011 : 19:43:20
Just a small thing, i am being pedantic.
But you have put the back board in the wrong way round. I would change it for 2 reasons.
1, the vents can be pushed out from the inside.
2, the metal clips will rust and the mdf will blister as it's not laminated.

Lovely snake though
Stevie-eff Posted - 09/04/2011 : 19:32:49
Thanks everyone, heres a few more, mainly of her having a roam around enjoying her viv fogger.

Neon_rainbow Posted - 09/04/2011 : 17:46:52
OMG!!! stunning
reptiledanny Posted - 09/04/2011 : 12:16:45
you have an absolutly gorgeous brb there, very lucky
newbie Posted - 09/04/2011 : 10:54:49
So beautiful!
Snakesitter Posted - 09/04/2011 : 00:02:04
Good-looking little lady, Stevie! Hope she enjoyed her snack!
gmac Posted - 08/04/2011 : 22:45:05
mighty fine looking brb, and cool photos
Hammy Posted - 08/04/2011 : 21:33:55
Hi Stevie...

Love the photos especially her spots in the middle of her markings down her back.

Thanks for sharing :)

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000