The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Rainbow Boa Posts
 Rainbow Boa Photos
 Profile Citrine

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Snakesitter Posted - 13/04/2011 : 23:43:39
This week Living Gems Reptiles profiles one of its high-potential juveniles, Citrine. Citrine is an August 2009 female who is the direct younger sister of one of our most spectacular females, Topaz. As of December 2010, she weighed 311 grams.

Here she is in a sequence of three shots under different lighting:

Inside, No Flash

Inside, Flash

Outside

Note the big differences each of these lighting conditions reveals.

Thank you for looking,
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Snakesitter Posted - 19/04/2011 : 23:51:11
Ohhh that stinks -- sorry to hear it! :-(
tango Posted - 19/04/2011 : 21:02:22
fatal mistake of using camera at work, and it got a bit damp ****** so i have missed loads of what would of been stunning pictures.
Snakesitter Posted - 19/04/2011 : 00:11:15
Why thank you, Dave! What happened to your camera?
tango Posted - 18/04/2011 : 22:33:51
stunning snake makes it worth the wait when they are this beautiful,
just wish my camera was working*
Snakesitter Posted - 18/04/2011 : 20:44:35
Thanks Stevie.

Oscar, I put them under bowls for a few minutes until they calm down. Works pretty well most of the time, but you have to be quick with the camera before they realize they are free.
Stevie-eff Posted - 16/04/2011 : 21:46:55

Gorgeous looking snake.
oakleyman18 Posted - 16/04/2011 : 11:34:59
How do you get them to sit so still???
Snakesitter Posted - 15/04/2011 : 23:09:55
Thank you, Hammy! It's a great bloodline.

Newbie, I have two dedicated teams working on that project. ;-) Thank you!
newbie Posted - 15/04/2011 : 12:46:46
That 2nd pic is amazing! Beautiful girl, can't wait to own one of these!
Hammy Posted - 15/04/2011 : 11:42:50
WOWZA ... I looked at both threads and the colours are amazing !!!

Very lovely looking indeed and these snakes never cease to amaze me every time I see them :)
Snakesitter Posted - 14/04/2011 : 19:49:10
Thanks Sandi! She's looking good for her age, indeed.

Brazilian photography can be very frustrating, even if you've done it as often as I have. I *still* sometimes have white balance issues with overhead shots. For example, the pillow used above is a blue one, and usually looks either medium or dark blue depending on which way you rub the fabric. But in the third shot above, someone on another forum actually called it purple!
Snakesitter Posted - 14/04/2011 : 19:41:36
Thank you Graeme! I actually do have shots from the same angles for inside and outside, I just try and vary both angle and lighting in every pict to give people as broad a view of the animal as possible with just a few photos. If I have time this weekend I'll root around, but the weekend is looking pretty cramped so far....

Citrine's color is still developing. She's not yet 18 months above, which is the earliest you can start to make decent calls with this species. Even then, you're safer waiting until 30 months, just to be sure.

If she follows in Topaz's footsteps, this is where Citrine is headed: http://www.therainbowboa.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=622.
sandi Posted - 14/04/2011 : 08:42:44
She is beautiful!
Very good photos, what a difference in lighting conditions. Like i said before, the colour of the cusion/cloth is perfect to compliment her colours, turquoise would also work well if you could find it in that colour.
gmac Posted - 14/04/2011 : 00:57:48
Hello citrine, If topaz is spectacular I really must look for photos of her as Citrine is a stunner. Very nice snakesitter. I do like the outside photo's, also would be good to see some from the same angle as those for the inside ones for comparison, yes I am getting picky now

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000