The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Rainbow Boa Posts
 Rainbow Boa Photos
 Profile: Almandine

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Snakesitter Posted - 04/05/2011 : 23:47:08
This week Living Gems Reptiles profiles one of its adult animals, Almandine. Almandine is a July 2008 female who comes from a strong red line -- though she’s clearly decided that intense orange is the better way to go. She is a well-mannered snake who never seems to mind handling. As of March 2011, she weighed 1741 grams.

Here she is in a sequence of three shots under different lighting, all taken from the side in February 2011:

Inside, No Flash

Inside, Flash

Outside

The middle shot in this set seems closest to her true colors -- the first one washed out for some reason, and the third one was taken from too low on the side (though the color is there is you look at her top).

Almandine should be one of our 2012 breeders.

Thank you for reading,
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Snakesitter Posted - 05/05/2011 : 23:36:44
I agree, and I suspect it's the angle. The outside one was shot from too low on her side, which loses the more intense top color at the same time it shows more of her white sides -- resulting in a less intense image. On the flip side, the inside flash one came out pretty well!
gmac Posted - 05/05/2011 : 22:21:05
Very nice, however in this instance seems I find myself drawn to the indoor with flash photo.
Snakesitter Posted - 05/05/2011 : 18:58:25
That I can do for you! ;-)
Tui Posted - 05/05/2011 : 18:06:24
Of course, we dont want to scare anyone!

Lets just stick with snakes :)
Snakesitter Posted - 05/05/2011 : 17:29:21
Thanks everyone. Good lighting does make *all* the difference with these snakes. Joe, your pictures are fine, lol! Tui, sorry, but I have to pass on the outside picts of my complex. While I'm perfectly legal keeping these pets, the last thing I want to do is possibly scare a neighbor who might then cause issues.

Again, thanks for looking and commenting!
Tui Posted - 05/05/2011 : 10:52:06
Another beauty :) Can't wait to hear baby news next year ;)

I would love to see pics from where you live, like outside pics of snakes -> i want outside pics of Cliff's place :D
flaboye Posted - 05/05/2011 : 01:00:07
Thank you for sharing the photos Cliff! I like the middle and last photos the best, her colors come through! Amazing what light can do, my crappy pics are a perfect example of that, lol.

Joe
JKCarter Posted - 05/05/2011 : 00:14:51
Very nice snake Cliff...as always LoL Thanks for sharing the pics.

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000