The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Rainbow Boa Posts
 Rainbow Boa Photos
 Profile: Tigers Eye

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Snakesitter Posted - 12/05/2011 : 00:30:30
This week Living Gems Reptiles profiles one of its juvenile animals, Tigers Eye. Tigers Eye is an August 2009 female, and is half-sister to Citrine, who we profiled last month. She has an odd personality quirk whereby she always seems always seems to limit her tongue flicking when held compared to our other snakes. As of March 2011, she weighed 514 grams.

Here she is in a sequence of three shots under different lighting, all taken from the side in March 2011:

Inside, No Flash

Inside, Flash

Outside

Thank you for reading,
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Snakesitter Posted - 17/05/2011 : 18:49:02
Thank you Jonathan! Thankfully, we're lucky enough to have several experienced keepers to drawn on in this forum!
JKCarter Posted - 17/05/2011 : 06:51:43
Congrats on your 1000th post Cliff. That's what I call dedication to a forum. Your posts always provide insight backed by experience. Thanks.
Snakesitter Posted - 16/05/2011 : 22:50:12
Someone tried it as a new morph, but they were problem feeders. (Grooooooan!)
JKCarter Posted - 16/05/2011 : 21:34:59
quote:
Originally posted by Snakesitter

Contrary to rumors on multiple forums that this snake does not actually have a head...here you go. ;-)

LoL. A headless snake?? That's kinda funny to me for some reason.
Snakesitter Posted - 16/05/2011 : 20:18:55
Contrary to rumors on multiple forums that this snake does not actually have a head...here you go. ;-)

Thank you as always for looking!
JKCarter Posted - 14/05/2011 : 00:19:50
Cool. I look forward to hearing from you then. I swear reptiles are an addiction LoL
Snakesitter Posted - 14/05/2011 : 00:00:08
Both will almost certainly be sales...I need to make space...I just need to finish setting up the final business and tax registrations first. I will absolutely let you know details when the time comes, and thanks!
JKCarter Posted - 13/05/2011 : 23:12:56
Yeah I understand about not wanting to mix up the gene pool. I am going to be getting my Peruvian female in the next week or so and Jeff and I have arranged for a male from one of his later clutches. I have absolutely no intentions of breeding a Peruvian to a Brazilian.

I've seen you post quite a few times in regards to people wanting to cross the 2 now that they are considered the same ssp., and I agree with you %100. It's the tertiary effects from doing so that would cause a mess and in 10-20 years time you'd never know if a new Brazilian is in fact %100 Brazilian or mixed.

If you do decide to sell either of em let me know, I might be interested and you could rest assured that he wouldn't be a breeder at all. Like I've said before, I'm not really into breeding snakes. If it happens cool, if not, cool. But I definitely do want to add some more to my collection.
Snakesitter Posted - 13/05/2011 : 17:04:17
Congrats on both counts!

I'm not sure about pricing yet, no. However, one of them I'm going to sell as pet-only: while a great and wonderfully placid fellow, he's a 50% Brazilian/50% Peruvian cross, and I'd rather that not start mixing up the gene pool. He'll make someone an amazing pet though, he's the most chill little dude ever.
JKCarter Posted - 13/05/2011 : 00:56:15
quote:
Originally posted by Snakesitter

Thanks Jonathan! How are your pair fairing?

They're doing great. Finally putting on some weight so I'm pleased about that. Should be picking up my female "Peruvian locale" BRB soon as well.

Out of curiosity, how much you think you're gonna be asking for the 09 pair
Snakesitter Posted - 12/05/2011 : 19:33:41
quote:
Originally posted by oakleyman18
Stunning as always :) I love these updates. Something nice to look forward to. Good work Cliff!

Thank you, Oscar! She’s turning out well so far. BTW, how’s that spider in the bathroom doing? ;-)

quote:
Originally posted by flaboye
Looking good as always! My favs are inside with flash and outside.

Mine too, Joe. The inside/non-flash looks a bit dull.
As a broader reminder to readers, especially those who drop by without commenting, I show different shots because I want to make sure potential customers understand that these snakes will look different under different conditions. I see so many vendors showing only one or two best-case glamour shots, a look the animal only hits when everything is perfect, which I feel is not truly representative….
quote:
Originally posted by flaboye
When they do "ball up" like that, it makes it easy to move em..

LOL, yes, it is *much* easier to move a tight ball than six feet of wriggly oh-lets-try-and-grab-this-now boa curiosity, isn’t it? ;-)

quote:
Originally posted by JKCarter
Nice pics as always. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Jonathan! How are your pair faring?

quote:
Originally posted by Tui
Another cutie :) Although i dont think you have ugly snakes :D

LOL, no, no ugly ones, Tuija …but certainly a few not-quite-as-stunning candidates. In fact, we’re probably going to sell a 2009 male and a 2009 female in another month or two. Great animals and well above average, just not the cream of the crop we want to keep as breeders.

Again, thanks to everyone for commenting!
Tui Posted - 12/05/2011 : 18:52:49
Another cutie :)

Although i dont think you have ugly snakes :D
oakleyman18 Posted - 12/05/2011 : 16:51:45
Stunning as always :) I love these updates. Something nice to look forward to. Good work Cliff!
JKCarter Posted - 12/05/2011 : 11:52:45
Nice pics as always. Thanks for sharing.
flaboye Posted - 12/05/2011 : 11:26:11
Hi Cliff!

Looking good as always! When they do "ball up" like that, it makes it easy to move em. My favs are inside with flash and outside.

Take care,
Joe

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000