Update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Invalid User
account deleted on request

277 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2011 :  15:57:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Took a few pics today so I could use the snake measureing widget, then took a couple more of her

She is now around 26 inches and weighs 104g

These ones were without flash! Look at her rainbows

JKCarter

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2011 :  17:25:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great shots. She's looking great. I just found the snake measuring app a few weeks ago and use it now as well...pretty cool.

1.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boas (Vinni & Scarlet)
1.0 Yellow Niger Uromastyx (Taji)
0.1 Crested Gecko (Unnamed)
0.0.1 Ball Python (Val)
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  20:14:18  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking good, Louise! I'm familiar with that tool; alas, it's Windows only. :(

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Hatchling

United Kingdom
105 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  21:14:53  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cool. Gorgeous snake Lou.

What does she eat? Coz the baron is very similar size to yours. Just 6g heavier and 3" longer. I was told he's eating 1 large mouse a week. He had one on Saturday and took it ok, but it looks HUGE to him and I don't know whether to drop down a bit.

Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)
Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
account deleted on request

277 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  22:39:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must admit when you said he was on a large mouse I did expect him to be much bigger than he is. At the moment she's on quite a mixed diet, whatever fresh mice I have in to suit her I will kill and feed, usually small size. If I have no fresh mice she will take a f/t small mouse and last week I bought her some huge rat pups that were bigger than small mice which she took with no problem.

I'm doing an online order next week and will get her rat chubs and keep her on them till shes ready to move up to small weaners.

I have never tried her on a large mouse, she may take it ok but I want her on rats really so will go with the chubs.
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  22:48:05  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Trust your instincts, Peter. If it looks huge, it probably is. The old rule of thumb ("no wider than your snake's widest part") is still a good one. (If it helps to have more info, the largest of my 2010s are barely on rat fuzzies, which are still smaller than an adult mouse.)

(Edit: wooot, 1000th post!)

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook

Edited by - Snakesitter on 16/05/2011 22:50:45
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Hatchling

United Kingdom
105 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2011 :  03:55:30  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cheers Lou and Cliff. I just found a size comparison chart on another forum and I think rat fuzzies are the sensible option, as you suggested. They seem to be a size down from a large mouse, and obviously a rat, which he'll need to get used to as he gets bigger anyway!

Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)
Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000