Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Off Rainbow Boa
 Other Reptile Photos
 Why going to "just have a look" is a bad idea!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hatchling

184 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  19:57:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After toying with the idea of a larger snake joining our little family for a while, after a lot of debating me and my OH went to The Reptile Room in Cleveleys, which is an absolutely fantastic place, to go and see a few.

We'd been considering boas and the bigger pythons, and handled some adult and juvenile retics (pure and dwarf), amazingly beautiful animals! After a lot of discussion, we ended up coming away with this little sweetheart who caught my OH's eye! She's a Dwarf Sunfire poss Double Het Genetic Stripe and Albino

The pics really don't do her justice, and the poor girl doesn't have a name yet

CDN_Blood
Rainbow oddball

Canada
489 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2011 :  11:41:01  Show Profile  Visit CDN_Blood's Homepage  Send CDN_Blood a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Beautiful! Retics are such amazing snakes. I had one for many-many years and can't say enough good things about them, if you can handle their adult size. Of course back when I had one, there was no such thing as a dwarf Retic, so mine was one of the big'uns, but the little guys are just as fun and yours is a very good-looking snake, so I hope you have many happy years together!

You'll find them to be highly intelligent (as far as snakes go), extremely social and just full of personality. I'd say they are hands-down the most clever of any species I've worked with over the years; you'll be able to tell she's thinking about things as you watch her.

I have tons of experience with those things, so don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have any problems or questions

TODD
25 Years of Commitment and Responsibility in Private Herpetoculture
Go to Top of Page

Hatchling

184 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2011 :  20:05:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Todd, thats really nice of you! Already blown away by how interactive she is, she loves nosying about she's technically my OH's snake as he chose her, but I love her to bits already

Such a lovely animal, her bigger cousins were a bit more of a handful! She's a CB10 so older than the other 3

Go to Top of Page

Ben

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  17:24:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Buetifull Beastie
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Hatchling

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2011 :  10:02:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very nice!

Mamma. Location: Dundee

2.0.0 cornsnakes 1.1.0 kingsnakes 0.1.0 western hognose 0.1.0 hog island boa

wishlist: Arizona mountain kingsnake. Tricoloured, western hognose, Thayers kingsnake...pretty much MOAR kingsnakes

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000