Miracle Unexpected Baby
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chaoslillith
Snake mite

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  05:35:48  Show Profile  Visit Chaoslillith's Homepage  Send Chaoslillith an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hello all, Chaoslillith here.

So I was loosening up the moss in my red eye croc skink tank and found something unexpected. We have had the skinks for a year but their tank I always thought was not the best setup for them. I have them on moss we mist 3 times a day and a "trib lake" which is a rubbermaid tub with rocks and water. I was actually planning to redo their tank this month and make it sexy like our other tanks.

At any rate, in the act of loosening up the moss I saw what I thought was a croc skink adult skin shed, then I thought it was part of a tail like they had been in a fight. The adults both had tails, then I pulled it out of the moss and found this:

A BABY RED EYE CROC SKINK!!!

I had no intention of really breeding these two and was actually thinking of getting rid of them to make space for other critters, apparently they had other ideas. The sort of freaky thing is that this coming weekend is the anniversary of a year since we bought them.

I have no idea how old the baby is because they are VERY shy, but you can bet I will be checking their tank a lot more now.

Chaos

lee2308

101 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  16:04:59  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Congrats,must of been a shock

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
The Resident Loon

United Kingdom
284 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  20:54:51  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well done.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

Chaoslillith
Snake mite

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  21:58:49  Show Profile  Visit Chaoslillith's Homepage  Send Chaoslillith an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah it was a shock hehe. We think we spotted more eggs on the bottom of the tank. These were supposedly so hard to breed too. I just have them in 4 inches of moss and pretty much leave them alone and look what happens...LOL
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1442 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2009 :  20:05:11  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
congrats

it's probably the leaving them alone that's done the trick!

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder hypo boas, ratsnakes, cornsnakes, Day geckos

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Snake mite

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  08:33:43  Show Profile  Click to see MissCat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
that's so CUTE!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
721 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  18:21:14  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You lucky thing!

Croc skinks are on my list of potential lizards. Me and Lewy have decided we are only allowed one species, so we need to cut down the list pretty severely

Go to Top of Page

Chaoslillith
Snake mite

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2009 :  03:42:43  Show Profile  Visit Chaoslillith's Homepage  Send Chaoslillith an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Dan my mate has the same problem. Fortunately our house is only so big and since we are breeding critters we cannot really get too many new species.

The baby is still doing fine and we found one egg that we are incubating, hopefully it will hatch soon.
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
721 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2009 :  19:48:03  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm jealous

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000