For Incurable....Jasper!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2010 :  17:26:01  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It’s been a while since I posted photos of any of my Brazilian Rainbows. I thought I’d climb back on that wagon with a profile of Jasper, a female Brazilian born in August 2009.

Jasper isn’t a stunner in terms of color, but she really shines for pattern. She is one of very few Brazilians I have seen with an honest-to-God claim to the “bullseye” label: not just a few scattered circles, but tons of them all across her sides.

Here is a shot of her from up top, showing her current color:

Here is the same shot with flash on, better capturing the quality that makes these snakes “rainbows”:

Here is a closeup of her head. She has an unusually dark face, caused by a mixture of darker pigment and heavy black lines:

As for her pattern, here is a side shot:

And, to better illustrate as her side pattern’s color has faded with age, here is a baby picture showing why she deserves the title “bullseye”:

I have high hopes for her as she reaches breeding age, and am planning to cross her with a high-color male to see what results.

Happy holidays,

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook

IncurableFlirt
Yearling

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2010 :  22:26:06  Show Profile  Send IncurableFlirt an AOL message  Reply with Quote
*Faints*

I just LOVE her. Every single time I see her dark face, it just makes me go "Awwwww!" She was stunning as a baby, and all those bullseyes are fantastic. I can't wait to see her offspring when she finally reaches that age. This is my favorite of yours, Cliff. I love some of your others, too, but I have a soft spot for Jasper. Thank you so much for sharing, this was a great Christmas present.

Jenn.
11.8 Ball pythons
1.0 BCI boa
1.0 Brazilian Rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2010 :  23:46:20  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Your Christmas present was better: it's really great to you better and back with us! :-)

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

IncurableFlirt
Yearling

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  18:18:39  Show Profile  Send IncurableFlirt an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Awww, that's so sweet of you to say. Thank you!

Jenn.
11.8 Ball pythons
1.0 BCI boa
1.0 Brazilian Rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

Inkygirl
Snake mite

10 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2010 :  20:11:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
she is absolutely stunning. i had to type that without swearing. love her x
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  16:29:38  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Inkygirl! Jasper would be delighted to hear that! (Well, she would if she had ears.) And LOL on the awearing bit! :-)

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000