Profile: Hills
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2011 :  20:30:45  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today I’ll profile the last of the Brazilian Rainbows I am breeding this year, Hills. Hills is a male who loves to climb, and when held will head straight for your head -- so was named for Sir Edmund Hillary…shortened to “Hills” to avoid gender confusion. Hills’ birthdate in unknown, but from his size I’m guessing 2007 or 2008. As of month end December, he weighed in at 1630 grams, which is about how much my other senior males averaged at 32 months -- and this was after some catch-up growth.

Although not as ornery as Vlad, Hills too is a little hard to photo-manage, and last session would not sit still for his outside shots. So here are some inside shots:

Front

And, one of the few good outside picts, a side shot:

(Note the restraining hand.)

For a limited time only, he’s also available in a necktie model:

Thanks to my buddy Ethan for modeling. ;-)

I have paired him up with Alexandrite (see thread here: http://www.therainbowboa.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=656) for this breeding year. Between her genes and his vibrant orange, I’m hoping for great things. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for looking,

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
845 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2011 :  16:20:41  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wow Hills is amazing , How many breeding pairs do you have now for this year ?
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2011 :  18:46:44  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ash! I have two: Vlad-Topaz and Hills-Alex. I could have more (some people will breed at 2.5 years and 1500 grams), but am very reluctant to breed animals younger than three years/2000 grams. I have only one I've even been tempted to try it with, and only because she grows like a weed on crack-laced fertilizer. I post updates on breeding process on the LGR Facebook site if you're interested.

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
account deleted on request

277 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2011 :  19:50:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just beautiful.

I will never get bored of seeing brb pics. They are all so gorgeous.
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2011 :  20:07:21  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Louise! :-)

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2011 :  01:04:43  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
An updated picture of Hills, after a nice meal as he headed towards the heat.

This was taken shortly before introducing the pair, as I really don’t want to disturb them right now.

Thank you,

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

IncurableFlirt
Yearling

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2011 :  17:22:23  Show Profile  Send IncurableFlirt an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow, how did I miss this one? I'm getting senile in my old age. Hills is beautiful, Cliff. I love his rich orange coloring. He's going to help produce some really gorgeous babies, I can't wait to see them! Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

Jenn.
11.8 Ball pythons
1.0 BCI boa
1.0 Brazilian Rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2011 :  18:16:42  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Incurable! :-) He's in deep shed right now, but I expect he'll be back to his old Don Juan self by tonight or tomorrow.

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000