Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

sandi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
150 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  10:44:46  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bon Appetite!
Go to Top of Page

martinking6
Hatchling

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2011 :  02:40:51  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well she`s just shed yesterday so looking all brand new again, growth rate is still manic she was 432 grams iirc a week or so ago and has fully settled in now, loves spending hrs out of her viv on saturday and sunday night watching telly with me lol, seems very content to just sprawl out on my lap with the occasional trip up onto my shoulders

Tried to catch the pastel colouration on her body but not coming through in pictures from what I can see

Then there came the tongue shot at last

Martin

Got a lovely royal python called earl, 2 brazilian rainbow boas called zeus and hera, a red tail cross boa constrictor called dorris and an albino burmese python called angel as well :-)
Go to Top of Page

scubadude
Snake mite

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  10:19:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dorris is looking great, with pics like these can see more Bci's appearing on these pages, thanks for sharing.

1.0.0 Classic corn snake - Dodge,1.2.0 Normal Royal - Palin, Lyssa & sofia,1.1.0 vanilla royal - Baskin & Robbins, 1.0.0 granite royal - Detritus
1.1.0 crawl cay boas -Maya & Pech
1.0.0 Hypo hog island boa - Harley,0.1.0 Hog island Boa - Babe
oh maybe some more to come

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
account deleted on request

277 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2011 :  11:49:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She is beautiful.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
The Resident Loon

United Kingdom
284 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2011 :  15:56:11  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
woo and yay for bci. :)
lovely snake.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
150 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2011 :  21:37:12  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, she is doing really well, nice one martin!
Go to Top of Page

martinking6
Hatchling

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2011 :  21:22:41  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Little update for anyone interested , managed to get her on the scales today and she is now 549g and 43" long now

Martin

Got a lovely royal python called earl, 2 brazilian rainbow boas called zeus and hera, a red tail cross boa constrictor called dorris and an albino burmese python called angel as well :-)
Go to Top of Page

tango
Snake mite

United Kingdom
40 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2011 :  21:33:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lovely looking boa, she looks so relaxed
Go to Top of Page

martinking6
Hatchling

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2011 :  23:21:23  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya

Need a bit of advice please

Had my first bite off dorris last week and very nearly again today if i hadnt caught her mid strike, she seems to be changing big time seemingly becoming very defensive and aggressive from what am experiencing

To give you an idea she is over 800grams and over 4ft long at the mo growth rate has been immense but she seems to be getting a bit moody and bossy with it, usually at night she is out for at least an hr chilling stretched out relaxed on me but recently over the last month or so when I move her she sometimes thrashes about like shes having a strop eventually settling down again

The first bite scenario was it is feed day, shes under her hide on the cool side of the viv so I lift the hide with my left hand and she follows it coiled up like shes gona strike, so I slowly went in with my right hand to get her out as usual to feed as I pick her up her attention is focused on my right arm which she bites on her way out of the viv but lets go straight away, i put her hide down now she is out of the viv and she struck again instantly but left hand was free to grab her this time just below the head, she still had her mouth open and was thrashing about trying to get at me again so I kept hold of her till she calmed down

Today went into the viv to pick her up and as soon as I picked her up she coiled rond my hand very tightly and went to bite but left hand was free to grab her again, took me about 1/2hr to calm her down to the point I could relax and kept her out for a further hr or so which she relaxed sprawled out down my legs while I was watching a film, any ideas ?

Martin

Go to Top of Page

martinking6
Hatchling

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2011 :  13:12:28  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Had her out as usual today once I woke up and she was back to her usual calm self again, really strange but good not to have to defend myself lol, she was out for an hr and half then I fed her and placed her back in her viv with no issues at all

One thing I forgot to mention in previous post is when I pick her up initially she always moves to place the tip of her nose onto my arm, its something she has always done even from first getting her but ive just got used to her doing it, does it mean anything ?

Martin

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Snake mite

20 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2011 :  17:52:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hehee! my little dwarf doesnt like going back into his viv! takes aaaaages! he kida goes all straight and rigid , i can imagine him saying "nope" and "nu uh " everytime i try . so i move him away and he relaxes again! why do they do this ?lol

1.1 corns - kodi & Kai
1.0 royal python - Zac
Go to Top of Page

sandi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
150 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2011 :  14:03:42  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wish i could help martin, cant think why she would change so dramaticaly in temperament unless there is an underlying health problem that is developing and causing her stress. Maybe get her checked out by a vet. Boris my boa has been the same since i got him but he is nearly 4 years now so more mature possibly.

Hope you get it sorted.
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
The Resident Loon

United Kingdom
284 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2011 :  00:12:39  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mine can be like that sometimes as well, for seemingly no reason whatsoever. I've never quite figured it out so have just ignored the fact he's like it.
When he's on one of his strikey bitey days, I tend to open the viv up and let him come out in his own time with me sat near the viv, he's always much happier when he approaches me and not the other way around.

With my female, if I disturb her in her hides that means she thinks I'm a fair target in the striking game, but if she's let out instead of being disturbed then she's totally different.
I believe that boas are incredibly intelligent snakes, I wonder if they see their home as their own and don't like the invasions.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

martinking6
Hatchling

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2011 :  03:43:37  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Cheers for the replies

Ive taken a new approach over the last few days to try to get some results and seems to be working really well so far

I would normally open the viv and then lift the hide and pick her up and out she comes, so I thought maybe am being a bit too confident/fast for her so tried a slower and more laid back approach and apresto she seems a lot calmer at the point of being removed from her viv especially

Now I open the viv, place one hand in the viv in her vision and talk to her for a minute or so, then slowly remove the hide she is under and keep talking to her whilst slowly moving my hand towards her then slowly place my hand under her and lift her out, for 2 days on the trot she has`nt bothered at all about being lifted out of the viv and is opening up and relaxing instantly so fingers crossed am on the winning trail

I will get some updated pics of her soon, she`s truly stunning an the pastel shading on her body is coming through more and more with each shed

Martin

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
150 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2011 :  08:40:39  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a good approach, good luck!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000