The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Rainbow Boa
 Other Reptile Photos
 Miracle Unexpected Baby

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Chaoslillith Posted - 10/11/2009 : 05:35:48
Hello all, Chaoslillith here.

So I was loosening up the moss in my red eye croc skink tank and found something unexpected. We have had the skinks for a year but their tank I always thought was not the best setup for them. I have them on moss we mist 3 times a day and a "trib lake" which is a rubbermaid tub with rocks and water. I was actually planning to redo their tank this month and make it sexy like our other tanks.

At any rate, in the act of loosening up the moss I saw what I thought was a croc skink adult skin shed, then I thought it was part of a tail like they had been in a fight. The adults both had tails, then I pulled it out of the moss and found this:

A BABY RED EYE CROC SKINK!!!

I had no intention of really breeding these two and was actually thinking of getting rid of them to make space for other critters, apparently they had other ideas. The sort of freaky thing is that this coming weekend is the anniversary of a year since we bought them.

I have no idea how old the baby is because they are VERY shy, but you can bet I will be checking their tank a lot more now.

Chaos
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kazerella Posted - 27/11/2009 : 19:48:03
I'm jealous
Chaoslillith Posted - 20/11/2009 : 03:42:43
Yeah, Dan my mate has the same problem. Fortunately our house is only so big and since we are breeding critters we cannot really get too many new species.

The baby is still doing fine and we found one egg that we are incubating, hopefully it will hatch soon.
Kazerella Posted - 18/11/2009 : 18:21:14
You lucky thing!

Croc skinks are on my list of potential lizards. Me and Lewy have decided we are only allowed one species, so we need to cut down the list pretty severely
MissCat Posted - 16/11/2009 : 08:33:43
that's so CUTE!!!!!!!!
gingerpony Posted - 13/11/2009 : 20:05:11
congrats

it's probably the leaving them alone that's done the trick!
Chaoslillith Posted - 10/11/2009 : 21:58:49
Yeah it was a shock hehe. We think we spotted more eggs on the bottom of the tank. These were supposedly so hard to breed too. I just have them in 4 inches of moss and pretty much leave them alone and look what happens...LOL
Kehhlyr Posted - 10/11/2009 : 20:54:51
Well done.
lee2308 Posted - 10/11/2009 : 16:04:59
Congrats,must of been a shock

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000