The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Rainbow Boa Posts
 Rainbow Boa Photos
 I am officially a member!! I got my first Rainbow

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Chaoslillith Posted - 16/11/2009 : 05:10:44
Hello all,

We had our large reptile expo and I found and purchased the one and only Brazilian Rainbow boa there. Some of the vendors said they would have a lot more next year. However, this one is mine, I have pics and a video. I have not named her yet. The vendor was pretty sure it was a girl.

These are not the best pics I have ever taken but you can get the idea. I will have better pics of her in the future.

The video should do her more justice.

Her tank. Tomorrow she will get a humid hide. Tank is 48 inches long by 16 wide.

PEEK A BOO!!

Video: Apparently we cannot embed you tubes or I am missing something so here is a link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRcDZJV4MdQ

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Chaoslillith Posted - 20/11/2009 : 03:37:36
Thanks!! I like her. Hope to see more of her once she settles in. We are doing the hands off policy for about a week or so before we try to feed her and such. She did give me my first snake bite. I took that pic above the day after I got her and then had her out of the tank for a bit, she took a swipe at my housemate and then connected with those teeth with me on my eyelid. Definitely different body language than a Red Tail. Elvira gives plenty of warning signs before she takes a swipe at you, of course she has only done that once when a fingernail got caught on her scale and once at the cat.

I have learned my lesson though, don't push a Rainbow Boa's tolerance level heh.
Kazerella Posted - 18/11/2009 : 17:56:59
She's absolutely gorgeous. She's got a lovely sheen on her
Chaoslillith Posted - 16/11/2009 : 20:30:30
Some better pics:

Chaoslillith Posted - 16/11/2009 : 16:13:17
Thanks, we think she is abnout 1.5 years old. The vendor was not sure. She has been feeding her small mice. I may start with that then up her to small rats as soon as she gets bigger.
lee2308 Posted - 16/11/2009 : 12:46:42
very nice like the 2nd pic
MissCat Posted - 16/11/2009 : 08:28:34
awww congrats :) I do like BRB's :)

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000