I am officially a member!! I got my first Rainbow
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chaoslillith
Snake mite

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  05:10:44  Show Profile  Visit Chaoslillith's Homepage  Send Chaoslillith an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

We had our large reptile expo and I found and purchased the one and only Brazilian Rainbow boa there. Some of the vendors said they would have a lot more next year. However, this one is mine, I have pics and a video. I have not named her yet. The vendor was pretty sure it was a girl.

These are not the best pics I have ever taken but you can get the idea. I will have better pics of her in the future.

The video should do her more justice.

Her tank. Tomorrow she will get a humid hide. Tank is 48 inches long by 16 wide.

PEEK A BOO!!

Video: Apparently we cannot embed you tubes or I am missing something so here is a link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRcDZJV4MdQ

MissCat
Snake mite

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  08:28:34  Show Profile  Click to see MissCat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
awww congrats :) I do like BRB's :)

Go to Top of Page

lee2308

101 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  12:46:42  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
very nice like the 2nd pic

Go to Top of Page

Chaoslillith
Snake mite

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  16:13:17  Show Profile  Visit Chaoslillith's Homepage  Send Chaoslillith an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, we think she is abnout 1.5 years old. The vendor was not sure. She has been feeding her small mice. I may start with that then up her to small rats as soon as she gets bigger.
Go to Top of Page

Chaoslillith
Snake mite

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  20:30:30  Show Profile  Visit Chaoslillith's Homepage  Send Chaoslillith an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Some better pics:

Edited by - Chaoslillith on 16/11/2009 20:30:56
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
721 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  17:56:59  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
She's absolutely gorgeous. She's got a lovely sheen on her

Go to Top of Page

Chaoslillith
Snake mite

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2009 :  03:37:36  Show Profile  Visit Chaoslillith's Homepage  Send Chaoslillith an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks!! I like her. Hope to see more of her once she settles in. We are doing the hands off policy for about a week or so before we try to feed her and such. She did give me my first snake bite. I took that pic above the day after I got her and then had her out of the tank for a bit, she took a swipe at my housemate and then connected with those teeth with me on my eyelid. Definitely different body language than a Red Tail. Elvira gives plenty of warning signs before she takes a swipe at you, of course she has only done that once when a fingernail got caught on her scale and once at the cat.

I have learned my lesson though, don't push a Rainbow Boa's tolerance level heh.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000