The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Rainbow Boa Posts
 Rainbow Boa Photos
 Make This A Big Tasty!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hiper2009 Posted - 11/11/2010 : 19:39:14
Ok for those of you that don't know Mayhem my brazilian rainbow boa well he is a fussy feeder and today i thought i would try him on mice and see what his feeding responce is like from that instead of ratpups which he can be very picky at.. .

Well i let this small mouse defrost then i blasted it with a hairdryer to warm it up and then put a small slit on the head of the mouse to draw some brains out to make the scent stronger well however i opens his RUB up and offer the small mouse to him and within a few secs he was extreamly intrested in it after he got closer to it out of the unexpected Bammm !! Strike and coil i was amazed that his feeding responce has jumped a big ammount so i take it as he don't like ratpups and prefers mice.. I have few pics below and a video of him eating.

Click Here To See Mayhem Feeding

Hope you enjoyed the video and the pics.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Snakesitter Posted - 18/11/2010 : 20:13:04
Yeah, the nightly support phone calls and 12-step program really seemed to cheer him up. ;-)

Happy to help, and I hope he keeps eating well for you!
hiper2009 Posted - 18/11/2010 : 10:42:27
quote:
Originally posted by Snakesitter

Yup, as noted in the last thread, Brazilians sure do love their mice. I have one female that quite often refuses rats outright, and I have to scent (heavily) with a mouse to get her to take it. Glad to see Mayhem chowed down!

Thank you Cliff , Thanks to you that he is eating so credit goes to you bud !!
Snakesitter Posted - 15/11/2010 : 21:20:08
Yup, as noted in the last thread, Brazilians sure do love their mice. I have one female that quite often refuses rats outright, and I have to scent (heavily) with a mouse to get her to take it. Glad to see Mayhem chowed down!
hiper2009 Posted - 12/11/2010 : 15:34:41
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

nice one again Hiper,

Thanks GMac

quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

good result hiper

Thank you Lee , I was in a bad mood but after seeing his feeding response my mood changed to hyperness
lee2308 Posted - 11/11/2010 : 22:41:23
good result hiper
gmac Posted - 11/11/2010 : 20:16:15
nice one again Hiper,
oakleyman18 Posted - 11/11/2010 : 19:48:37
It's amazing what they can get in their mouths!! lol well done Mayhem. I'm not gonna make this a regular thing though - a word of warning, he may be grumpy for a few days - Jade didn't appreciate me touching her after leaving her for 2 days, obviously a lot of digesting to do!!

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000