Make This A Big Tasty!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
845 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2010 :  19:39:14  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok for those of you that don't know Mayhem my brazilian rainbow boa well he is a fussy feeder and today i thought i would try him on mice and see what his feeding responce is like from that instead of ratpups which he can be very picky at.. .

Well i let this small mouse defrost then i blasted it with a hairdryer to warm it up and then put a small slit on the head of the mouse to draw some brains out to make the scent stronger well however i opens his RUB up and offer the small mouse to him and within a few secs he was extreamly intrested in it after he got closer to it out of the unexpected Bammm !! Strike and coil i was amazed that his feeding responce has jumped a big ammount so i take it as he don't like ratpups and prefers mice.. I have few pics below and a video of him eating.

Click Here To See Mayhem Feeding

Hope you enjoyed the video and the pics.

oakleyman18
Hatchling

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2010 :  19:48:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's amazing what they can get in their mouths!! lol well done Mayhem. I'm not gonna make this a regular thing though - a word of warning, he may be grumpy for a few days - Jade didn't appreciate me touching her after leaving her for 2 days, obviously a lot of digesting to do!!

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB'10 "Jade"
1.0.0. Normal Cornsnake CB'00 "Camo" _RIP_
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender Cornsnake CB'11 "Amber"
0.0.1. Spider in the bathroom
Go to Top of Page

gmac
Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
710 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2010 :  20:16:15  Show Profile  Send gmac an AOL message  Send gmac a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
nice one again Hiper,

GMac
Go to Top of Page

lee2308

101 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2010 :  22:41:23  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
good result hiper

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
845 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2010 :  15:34:41  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

nice one again Hiper,

Thanks GMac

quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

good result hiper

Thank you Lee , I was in a bad mood but after seeing his feeding response my mood changed to hyperness
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2010 :  21:20:08  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yup, as noted in the last thread, Brazilians sure do love their mice. I have one female that quite often refuses rats outright, and I have to scent (heavily) with a mouse to get her to take it. Glad to see Mayhem chowed down!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
845 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2010 :  10:42:27  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snakesitter

Yup, as noted in the last thread, Brazilians sure do love their mice. I have one female that quite often refuses rats outright, and I have to scent (heavily) with a mouse to get her to take it. Glad to see Mayhem chowed down!

Thank you Cliff , Thanks to you that he is eating so credit goes to you bud !!
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2010 :  20:13:04  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, the nightly support phone calls and 12-step program really seemed to cheer him up. ;-)

Happy to help, and I hope he keeps eating well for you!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000