The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Rainbow Boa Posts
 Rainbow Boa Photos
 For Incurable....Jasper!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Snakesitter Posted - 16/12/2010 : 17:26:01
It’s been a while since I posted photos of any of my Brazilian Rainbows. I thought I’d climb back on that wagon with a profile of Jasper, a female Brazilian born in August 2009.

Jasper isn’t a stunner in terms of color, but she really shines for pattern. She is one of very few Brazilians I have seen with an honest-to-God claim to the “bullseye” label: not just a few scattered circles, but tons of them all across her sides.

Here is a shot of her from up top, showing her current color:

Here is the same shot with flash on, better capturing the quality that makes these snakes “rainbows”:

Here is a closeup of her head. She has an unusually dark face, caused by a mixture of darker pigment and heavy black lines:

As for her pattern, here is a side shot:

And, to better illustrate as her side pattern’s color has faded with age, here is a baby picture showing why she deserves the title “bullseye”:

I have high hopes for her as she reaches breeding age, and am planning to cross her with a high-color male to see what results.

Happy holidays,
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Snakesitter Posted - 27/12/2010 : 16:29:38
Thanks Inkygirl! Jasper would be delighted to hear that! (Well, she would if she had ears.) And LOL on the awearing bit! :-)
Inkygirl Posted - 26/12/2010 : 20:11:26
she is absolutely stunning. i had to type that without swearing. love her x
IncurableFlirt Posted - 19/12/2010 : 18:18:39
Awww, that's so sweet of you to say. Thank you!
Snakesitter Posted - 17/12/2010 : 23:46:20
Your Christmas present was better: it's really great to you better and back with us! :-)
IncurableFlirt Posted - 17/12/2010 : 22:26:06
*Faints*

I just LOVE her. Every single time I see her dark face, it just makes me go "Awwwww!" She was stunning as a baby, and all those bullseyes are fantastic. I can't wait to see her offspring when she finally reaches that age. This is my favorite of yours, Cliff. I love some of your others, too, but I have a soft spot for Jasper. Thank you so much for sharing, this was a great Christmas present.

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000