Helo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MissCat
Snake mite

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2009 :  23:34:08  Show Profile  Click to see MissCat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hullo thought i would post up a few piccies of helo my crb now i have had him for nearly 3 months, he's shed about 3 times since i got him and is doing well as far as i can tell.
recently moved him out of his rub into this little tank (which i have hopefully doctored suitably for him. let me know what you think and what i can improve on... :) cheers ppls

MissCat
Snake mite

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2009 :  23:38:28  Show Profile  Click to see MissCat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oh just to clarify:
the substrate is half aspen, half orchid bark, cos i only had a little of each rofl.
it's currently heated by heatmat +stat but am looking into getting a ceramic maybe in there somehow, but i think if i do that a vast portion of the tank is gone. overall air temp in there seems fine as does floor temp, which is being measured by two digital thermometers with probe (only one can be seen in the pics)
the rectangular thing is a digital hygrometer, its a thermometer too but i only really use it for the humidity.
temp warm end is 32*c and temp cool end is 27-29*c (weather dependant) humidity holds well provided i mist it twice a day :)
he has his waterbowl in the warm end (it helps maintain humidity) and next to it (though it cant be seen too well) is a log effect hide. there's an exo terra vine thingum there with plastic plant which he coils around and plays peekaboo with me over the side.
the ice cream tub is a moist moss hide, and it's in the cool end. i usually find him under or beind that anyway lol.
i have put a polystyrene brick effect thing on the outside of the tank on 3 sides and just about a 3rd of the front is covered at the bottom to help provide a bit of security.

Edited by - MissCat on 28/07/2009 23:43:06
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
721 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2009 :  15:19:46  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
He's looking really long - he must be growing well.

We are having the same thoughts about a ceramic too- it would take up a lot of space.

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Snake mite

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2009 :  19:50:05  Show Profile  Click to see MissCat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
he IS long! he's 10 months old and is longer than my royal who is 13 months old, and both were non feeders originally lol

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Snake mite

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  08:43:14  Show Profile  Click to see MissCat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Some new ones....

He is as long as my leg now! And has DEFINATELY outgrown his tank, really need to sort out another one soon :s

Go to Top of Page

lee2308

101 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  12:51:18  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
very nice,i take it you like anne rice books lol

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Snake mite

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  19:51:31  Show Profile  Click to see MissCat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

very nice,i take it you like anne rice books lol

I like ANY books LOL :)

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
721 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  17:58:22  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nothing wrong with Vampire novels Lee - you would easily get ganged up on if you start to diss vamps on here

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000