New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

oakleyman18
Hatchling

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2010 :  19:16:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All! Today I gave Jade a mouse fuzzy rather than a rat pup for the first time to see if she could handle the size... See what follows! :D

BAM!! Coils properly for the first time!

Chow Time..

Now THAT'S a food baby...

Casual Dip in the pool?!

Does anyone else's RB go for a swim after a large meal??

Cheers! Oscar

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB'10 "Jade"
1.0.0. Normal Cornsnake CB'00 "Camo" _RIP_
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender Cornsnake CB'11 "Amber"
0.0.1. Spider in the bathroom

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
845 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2010 :  20:38:59  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey Oscar , Jade is looking sexy as usual , That don't look like a mouse fuzzy as if i have right a mouse fuzzy is one size up from a mouse pinky which is smaller then a ratpup , could that meal you gave Jade be a Small mouse as a small mouse is about a tiny lil bigger then a ratpup.. And i thought it was better to feed Rainbow boa's on rats rather then mice as rats are more filling for the boa's ? Sorry i may be wrong on this but this is what i was told by the breeder them selfs..

But all in all lovly pics and it has gave me some idea's of where to put my ultra sonic fogger when i get it after seeing where and how you place yours , and talking of the fogger how comes yours was off is it broke or something ?
Go to Top of Page

oakleyman18
Hatchling

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2010 :  22:11:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah you're right, it was a small mouse - sorry! Got confused. My housemate and I have 4 snakes between us - our freezer is like a snake's candy shop lol all different sizes in there! I've been feeding her Rats so far yeah, I heard exactly the same as you, but I'm feeding my corn on these small and medium mice, and just thought I'd see if Jade could take one down she has an appetite much bigger than her mouth..

Also, the fogger- looks frickin cool when its on! But it kick out so much mist that I only need to keep it on for about 5 minutes a day to keep humidity up at surface level, I left it on once for about 15 minutes while I went to the loo, and when I came back i couldnt see ANYTHING!! It was as if a cloud had somehow snuck in. They kick out a huge amount of mist. I think they're supposed to go through 200ml an hour? So i only use mine to top up humidity (and make the Viv look wicked!! )

Oscar Morrell
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
845 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  16:53:27  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oakleyman18

Yeah you're right, it was a small mouse - sorry! Got confused. My housemate and I have 4 snakes between us - our freezer is like a snake's candy shop lol all different sizes in there! I've been feeding her Rats so far yeah, I heard exactly the same as you, but I'm feeding my corn on these small and medium mice, and just thought I'd see if Jade could take one down she has an appetite much bigger than her mouth..

Also, the fogger- looks frickin cool when its on! But it kick out so much mist that I only need to keep it on for about 5 minutes a day to keep humidity up at surface level, I left it on once for about 15 minutes while I went to the loo, and when I came back i couldnt see ANYTHING!! It was as if a cloud had somehow snuck in. They kick out a huge amount of mist. I think they're supposed to go through 200ml an hour? So i only use mine to top up humidity (and make the Viv look wicked!! )

I knew i was right lol , Talking of Jade with small mouse , well it was Bow's feeding day today and after seeing your Jade manage a Small mouse i thought i would try it as well so any how i let the small mouse defrost then i blasted with the hairdryer to warm it up and then a small slit on the head to draw the brain and blood out .. then i open her RUB up and soon as i offer the mouse in there out of the unexpected BAMMMMM amazing strike and dragging the prey to the water bowl and then to finish it off with a coil and i was amazed at how she was able to eat this i thought it may be a lil tiny bit big for her but she managed it just fine.

I am going to be buying two foggers next week some time , do you have any problems with Jade sitting on top of the foggers being near it will cause harm to her or anything like that i should know about ?
Go to Top of Page

oakleyman18
Hatchling

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  17:43:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I definitely wouldn't have the fogger on while she's near it, CERTAINLY not above it. I tried putting it on with my finger above it and I swear it felt really strange.. I wouldnt want to risk it! Also, don't think you'll need to have it on all the time, you certainly won't! I'd say you'll only need it for dramatic effect and a bump in humidity. you do need 40mm water level minimum for it to work though, so have a think about how you'll make it. with two though your setup is gonna look kick-ass once you set them going!! did you go for the maplin ones in the end?

Oscar Morrell
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
845 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  17:52:29  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

I definitely wouldn't have the fogger on while she's near it, CERTAINLY not above it. I tried putting it on with my finger above it and I swear it felt really strange.. I wouldnt want to risk it! Also, don't think you'll need to have it on all the time, you certainly won't! I'd say you'll only need it for dramatic effect and a bump in humidity. you do need 40mm water level minimum for it to work though, so have a think about how you'll make it. with two though your setup is gonna look kick-ass once you set them going!! did you go for the maplin ones in the end?

Oh right ok in that case i will do what you do keep on for 5 - 10mins max and then switch off , Im going to get them from maplin yes , so £40 for two then about £5 for the membrain thing , do you use tap water or bottled water for the fogger ?
Go to Top of Page

oakleyman18
Hatchling

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  21:13:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It'll last longer with distilled water, you can buy that from places like halfords (they call it battery top up water but DW - not toxic ) Yeah, maybe either set it on plug timers or just read the humidity when you get in during the day or something! I left mine on for 20 minutes by accident the other day and it produced so much mist Jade's Viv turned into Marshland!! lol Tapwater works just fine tho, it doesn't make any less mist or anything. Only thing is with that though that if you live in a hard water area (loughborough is VERY hard... no innuendo intended ) it will eventually require replacing. Althought I read that you can keep the membrane going longer by washing it with vinegar!

Oscar Morrell
Go to Top of Page

lee2308

101 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  15:24:02  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
nice pics but thats more of a double cheese burger than a big mac lol

Edited by - lee2308 on 10/11/2010 15:24:17
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
845 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  18:50:35  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Guess what Oscar , I bought a fogger today but only one as they only had one in stock and i also bought the spare membrane too , And it works wonders gosh it does like to drink alot of water up , If i leave it on for 5mins it cuts out as i need to top it back up but if i top it up then in 10mins the RUB gets filled with alot of fog which is good and by mistake i touched it while it was on and my finger don't feel to good now lol
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2010 :  21:16:59  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
My housemate and I have 4 snakes between us - our freezer is like a snake's candy shop lol all different sizes in there!
LOL -- yeah, mine is that way too. Means you have to be careful when reaching for that late-night microwave “burrito.” ;-)

quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009
after seeing your Jade manage a Small mouse i thought i would try it as well …out of the unexpected BAMMMMM
Brazilians loooove their mice. Most top breeders start their babies on live or fresh-killed mouse hoppers, so between instinct and familiarity I’m not surprised at the result.

As Oakleyman noted, be *very* careful about using those foggers if your snake is nearby!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook

Edited by - Snakesitter on 15/11/2010 21:17:40
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
845 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2010 :  10:56:17  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Cliff yes i only turn mine on every 3days when the humidity drops down to 72% i top it back up to 87%.
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2010 :  20:14:08  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good call!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
845 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2010 :  13:21:28  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snakesitter

Good call!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000