Profile: Topaz
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2010 :  18:59:15  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hoping to build on the momentum I started last week, this week I’ll profile one of the Brazilian Rainbows I will breed in 2011, Topaz. Topaz is a September 2007 female. As of last month end, she weighed in at a healthy 2200 grams.

Here is a shot of her from the front:

And the side:

And the top:

Unfortunately, the camera tends to distort color without the flash on, so here is the same sets of shots with flash on, better capturing the quality that makes these snakes “rainbows”:
Front

Side

I will post some pictures of her intended mate later this week or early next.

Happy holidays,

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook

lee2308

101 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  12:29:34  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Amazing pics and great looking boas

Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  16:34:09  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Lee!! I actually need to do a better job photographing her, her colors are more vivid than I can capture.

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

IncurableFlirt
Yearling

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  17:44:52  Show Profile  Send IncurableFlirt an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow, she is gorgeous, Cliff! They have the cutest noses, I just love BRB noses. I hadn't noticed before that Topaz's was dark like that as well. I can't wait to see the guy you're gonna pair her with.

Jenn.
11.8 Ball pythons
1.0 BCI boa
1.0 Brazilian Rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  19:14:26  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Incurable!!! Interesting, I guess I'd never really considered her "dark-nosed" before -- I always paid more attention to her bright oranges and reds! Thank you for the kind words!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

Inkygirl
Snake mite

10 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2010 :  13:08:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
she is gorgeous!! i wish you had some babies now :0( lol xx
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  16:26:59  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why thank you, Inkygirl -- and soon enough! She gets introduced to her new boyfriend later this week. Pictures of him to follow later today, so that you can all see how the pairing will look. Thanks for looking!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2010 :  19:28:41  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
An updated picture of Topaz, taken only a bit ago, as she enters breeding season. The back half of the picture comes very close to her real color and contrast, though the front part is washed out by the flash.

Looking good, girl!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

IncurableFlirt
Yearling

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2010 :  00:25:22  Show Profile  Send IncurableFlirt an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Awesome picture! I love how they shimmer with rainbow colors. They really are hard animals to photograph, especially when it comes to getting their natural color in there. I definitely need to take some update pics of Marius. I got the holiday ones, but I am trying to hold out for another shoot until after his next shed. Anyway, thanks for sharing, Cliff!

Jenn.
11.8 Ball pythons
1.0 BCI boa
1.0 Brazilian Rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000