Profile: Vlad
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  18:03:25  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Continuing my recent momentum for a third post, today I’ll profile another of the Brazilian Rainbows I will breed in 2011, Vlad. Vlad’s birthdate in unknown, but from his size and demeanor I’m guessing either 2007 or early 2008. As of last month end, he weighed in at 1320 grams, which is about how much my other senior males averaged at 30 months. He’s also a feisty fellow, my only Brazilian who will stalk me if I’m in his cage for two long (and I do mean stalk). Anecdotal stories say aggression may be a positive for breeding, so I’ll take his attitude as a silver lining. With some TLC he should add a few more grams by year end.

As Vlad is not easily stage-managed, pictures can be tough to come by. The following shots were taken from outside his cage. First a medium shot:

And then a slightly closer one:

(Note he’s just starting to realize I’m taking “too long.”)

Here is a single shot from outside, one of the rare occasions he sat still for a composed picture:

I hope to pair him up with Topaz (see thread here: http://www.therainbowboa.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=622) in early 2011. Between her stunning orange-reds and his intense oranges, I’m hoping for great things. Fingers crossed!

Happy holidays,

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook

Inkygirl
Snake mite

10 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  18:42:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow he is fantastic. they are both gorgeous! x
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  19:58:52  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you again, Inkygirl! If only he weren't quite so opinionated, he'd get a lot more time out of cage!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

sullysteve
Hatchling

United Kingdom
107 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  22:50:46  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you ship world wide ?
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  23:41:13  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I plan to. :-) Thankfully, I still have some time to work out the kinks. ;-)

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

IncurableFlirt
Yearling

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2010 :  00:14:21  Show Profile  Send IncurableFlirt an AOL message  Reply with Quote
He's a stunner. Him and Topaz should make some really gorgeous babies. I look forward to seeing the outcome to this pairing. Best of luck, Cliff!

Jenn.
11.8 Ball pythons
1.0 BCI boa
1.0 Brazilian Rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2010 :  16:43:05  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I sure hope their first date goes well! Fingers still crossed for a good outcome. Thanks Incurable!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2010 :  19:29:21  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
An updated picture of Vlad, taken only last weekend, as he too enters breeding season.

Looking sharp, buddy!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

IncurableFlirt
Yearling

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2010 :  00:27:02  Show Profile  Send IncurableFlirt an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Snake knot! He really is a gorgeous boy. These babies are going to be stunning.

Jenn.
11.8 Ball pythons
1.0 BCI boa
1.0 Brazilian Rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000