Profile: Galahad
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2011 :  21:28:49  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Continuing my weekly updates, today I’ll profile Galahad. Galahad is an August 2009 male who was of the two top male picks from a strong breeding trio -- in fact, he was originally a breeder holdback, but became available at the very end of that season. He is one of a total of four males that Living Gems acquired that year, only two of which we expect to keep in the end. As of month end December, Galahad had just crested 500 grams, and is almost large enough to jump to small rats.

Here was Galahad as he looked just after first shed:

And here is as of October 2010, at 14 months old:

Inside Front

Inside Side

Outside Top

Thank you for looking,

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
845 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2011 :  22:02:50  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
He is one of a kind loving his patterns as well on the sides i see its different markings to my two brbs
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2011 :  00:07:00  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ash! You are observant: Galahad has very deep, strong crescents on his sides, and a number of them close (or close to) on the bottom, giving him what I would call a slight bullseye tilt. Thanks for the kind words!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
account deleted on request

277 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2011 :  07:48:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another stunner there.

You really do have a gorgeous collection. Loving these weekly profiles.
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2011 :  16:10:14  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Louise! Just trying to show some good examples of what Brazilians can be....

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

martinking6
Hatchling

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2011 :  11:32:07  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Gorgeous brb

Martin

Got a lovely royal python called earl, 2 brazilian rainbow boas called zeus and hera, a red tail cross boa constrictor called dorris and an albino burmese python called angel as well :-)
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2011 :  17:04:10  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Martin! By pure coincidence, he just shed again this weekend. :-)

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
845 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  11:57:12  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snakesitter

Thanks Ash! You are observant: Galahad has very deep, strong crescents on his sides, and a number of them close (or close to) on the bottom, giving him what I would call a slight bullseye tilt. Thanks for the kind words!

Your welcome Cliff.
Go to Top of Page

Hammy

United Kingdom
68 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  13:16:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW... superb pictures. I love the side shot showing the circles on the side and the glistening of the droplets from the top view...

Can't wait to show my pictures once she's home !

Thanks for sharing..

Paul..

PS.. Love the Name for him too !

Live for today and let tomorrow look after itself!
Go to Top of Page

sandi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
150 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  20:07:26  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm liking him too, he has a more subtle look somehow, but nonetheless, beautiful!
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  20:18:58  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ash: woah, blast from the past!

Hammy and Sandi: thank you both, he's quite the placid charmer. Unless, that is, you accidentally spray him with water, in which case he's ready to rumble at any time. Funny how they have their quirks.

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000