Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

martinking6
Hatchling

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  16:18:21  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya

Had today off work so I could go get the new boa and loving it

Had sexing done by the pet shop owner at warrington pets and exotics where I bought HER from and it would appear I have a big and beautiful girl in the making, tail is lovely and red with cream surrounding the patterns and also has pastel colouration on her body

Have named her dorris lol, not taken too many pics as keeping stress down to a minimum but not sure if she will need a settling in perios tbh as she is permanently out and about exploring, she`s approx 6 months old and over 2 ft, will get weights and proper length once she`s settled in

Straight out the box she has wrapped around my arm and seems happy to be there

Into the viv and is still exploring as we speak

How bonny is she

Martin

Got a lovely royal python called earl, 2 brazilian rainbow boas called zeus and hera, a red tail cross boa constrictor called dorris and an albino burmese python called angel as well :-)

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 12/03/2011 01:04:21

martinking6
Hatchling

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  17:30:07  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oops just realised ive posted this in wrong section, can someone move it to the correct place please

Martin

Got a lovely royal python called earl, 2 brazilian rainbow boas called zeus and hera, a red tail cross boa constrictor called dorris and an albino burmese python called angel as well :-)
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
account deleted on request

277 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  17:39:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh she is just beautiful!

Congrats.
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
845 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  21:27:24  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ooooooolala Dorris is looking lush if you don't want her by the end of the week i will kindly take her off your hands .
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
The Resident Loon

United Kingdom
284 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2011 :  01:05:28  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
She is a cracker indeed.
Just wait until they do that thing where they refuse completely to go back into the viv.

quote:
Originally posted by martinking6

Oops just realised ive posted this in wrong section, can someone move it to the correct place please...

Done.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

scubadude
Snake mite

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2011 :  08:01:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats on Dorris, she's a looker.

1.0.0 Classic corn snake - Dodge,1.2.0 Normal Royal - Palin, Lyssa & sofia,1.1.0 vanilla royal - Baskin & Robbins, 1.0.0 granite royal - Detritus
1.1.0 crawl cay boas -Maya & Pech
1.0.0 Hypo hog island boa - Harley,0.1.0 Hog island Boa - Babe
oh maybe some more to come

Edited by - scubadude on 12/03/2011 08:02:20
Go to Top of Page

martinking6
Hatchling

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2011 :  10:42:16  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys and gals

She is definitely a stunner and can see her being a challenge in the future which am looking forward to tbh

Just having an extension to the house built at the moment so when it is done and she is big enough to go in her larger viv I have every intention of making something linked to the viv where she can climb out and stretch as and when she pleases within a secure area, should be good for her and she should feel very relaxed and secure at home for the future years of handling and friendship

Caught her stretched out along the front of the viv last night so managed to get a measurement without bothering her, she`s a tasty and exact 33" long

Martin

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
150 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2011 :  22:22:24  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Dorris!
She is a honey! gorgeous markings and colours!

My wee boy Boris approves of the name!!!
Go to Top of Page

martinking6
Hatchling

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2011 :  01:37:41  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya

Been having a play this week building up her confidence and security with me and all I can say is what a sweetheart

She`s obviously a tad nervous but now over the last 2 days she is comfy enough to start shifting about on me moving hand to hand and generally letting me gently guide her to where I want.

I managed to get a weight of her as well before feeding her and she is 289 grams at 33" long and yesterday she has very readily eaten as well which is great news

Looks like there is gonna be a multitude of growth and progress pictures to come in the future

Martin

Go to Top of Page

martinking6
Hatchling

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  16:32:16  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

She is a cracker indeed.
Just wait until they do that thing where they refuse completely to go back into the viv.

She did this last night, had her out for about half hr while I was watching telly in the front room, in this time she had explored up my arm and onto my shoulders and generally just been having a good look around, went to put her back in her viv and she was just doubling back up my arm so can`t complain at that she ended up out for over an hr before she wanted to go back in her viv

Martin

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
150 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  20:14:59  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh i so know that problem now too! not a problem really until you need to do something else in hurry!

Martin, i am very much looking forward to update pictures.
Go to Top of Page

martinking6
Hatchling

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  14:36:30  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya

Had dorris out this morning after not handling her for a few days due to feeding her and unless am imagining things I could physically see and tell the difference in size over 3 days, she poo`d the day after feeding her and has had 3 days since her feed so curiosity was killing me, decided to weigh her and shes gone from 289 grams to 346 grams in 2 weeks , do they grow this quick throughout their growth span, seriously impressed at the moment lol ?

Martin

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
150 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  20:45:01  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi martin,
They do grow rapid! Although Boris is 3 years old so should be nearly fully grown and with a slower growth. He had been badly housed and in low temps so now that he is eating well and soaking up some higher temps he is having a growth spurt! I dont know his weight as i cant get him on the scales but he has grown from what im told was 4 ft (i think 4ft 6 in) to an accurately measured 5ft 2 inch....woo hoo! All this in a month!Also, he feels more solid and much thicker!

Dorris is sounding like a happy girl, good to know she is settling in well. Looking forward to the next pics!
Go to Top of Page

Hammy

United Kingdom
68 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  22:25:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just went to the reptile shop this afternoon to collect Ziggy and saw a BCI female that had just given birth to a clutch (is that the right word?) of 35 babies !!

What a wonderous site to behold and they were almost as long as Ziggy at 6mths and these were newborns !

Lovely colours and so so cute...

Live for today and let tomorrow look after itself!
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1442 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2011 :  09:58:05  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hammy

...saw a BCI female that had just given birth to a clutch (is that the right word?) of 35 babies !!

a 'litter'

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder hypo boas, ratsnakes, cornsnakes, Day geckos

Go to Top of Page

martinking6
Hatchling

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2011 :  22:25:08  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Am going away for a few days tomorrow so it was food time for dorris, I have been slowly upping her food size to 15% of her body weight so though I should take pics for you all to see, the rat she is taking is 53 grams, didnt seem to be any trouble at all for her which is good as she`s sorted for a good while now which means more handling time for me and her inbetween feeds

Uploaded a video off my phone of her striking this rat as well, excuse the lack of quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqB-SV0JT-w

All done a digesting starts with a nice little bump in the tummy, she really is a great feeder

Martin

Edited by - martinking6 on 28/03/2011 23:23:24
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000