Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

IncurableFlirt
Yearling

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2010 :  06:12:54  Show Profile  Send IncurableFlirt an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So beautiful. And OUCH, to the nose targeting one. That must have been a rude awakening. My favorite became Bixbite. She's absolutely gorgeous. Her coloring is fantastic, in both inside and outside pics.

Jenn.
11.8 Ball pythons
1.0 BCI boa
1.0 Brazilian Rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2010 :  20:58:09  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The nose attack was a complete surprise. One moment, he was sitting quietly coiled on one arm; the next, he had reached up and tagged me on the nose, clamped, twisted, and pulled. It's what they call a decisive tactical victory. ;-)

Bix would appreciate the kind words. She looked much darker last night and at first refused her food, so I suspect she's heading into shed.

One fact to remember about Brazilian photography: these snakes will always, always, *always* look better outside under direct sun, not only because of the iridscence, but because it makes their background color look more red than it does under normal light. Be careful, when looking at breeder photos of babies or parents, of solo "glamour" shots that may capture the one out of a twenty photos that make the subject look good. It's a major part of why I take multiple shots in different lighting and from different angles.

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2010 :  20:59:16  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Carnelian

Overview
Born in August 2009, so now ten months old, Carnelian – named for a pale orange to reddish brown semiprecious stone – was one of eleven 2009 acquisitions spread over two breeders. She’s the shyest rainbow I’ve ever seen, and will spend the first minute that she is out balled up and hiding from life. She currently weighs 173 grams. This represents a 63g/57% increase from her last weigh-in three months ago. In the quarter before that, she gained 28g/34%.

Pictures

Inside

Front

Side

Outside

Front

Side

Rear

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2010 :  20:59:59  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Citrine

Overview
Born in August 2009, so now ten months old, Citrine was one of eleven 2009 acquisitions spread over two breeders. She is named for her relationship to one of Living Gems’ signature animals. It is nearly impossible, gem experts say, to visibly tell cut citrine from certain types of topaz. With any luck, it will prove true about this little gal, who hails from the same parents as produced Topaz two years ago. She currently weighs 145 grams. There was no prior quarter to compare against.

Pictures

Inside

Front

Side

Outside

Left

Right

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2010 :  21:00:44  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jasper

Overview
Born in August 2009, so now ten months old, Jasper – named for an opaque gem that varies widely in color – was one of eleven 2009 acquisitions spread over two breeders. While her color may be opaquely dark, she is a near-perfect specimen of the bullseye pattern. She currently weighs 173 grams. There was no prior quarter to compare against.

Pictures

Inside

Left

Right

Outside

Side

Rear

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

IncurableFlirt
Yearling

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2010 :  01:28:04  Show Profile  Send IncurableFlirt an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok, new favorite....Jasper. Can I just say...WOW?! Those bullseyes are fantastic and her dark face is absolutely gorgeous. Citrine is also a gorgeous girl. They all are!

Jenn.
11.8 Ball pythons
1.0 BCI boa
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2010 :  18:53:46  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LOL Jasmine would thank you. She has almost perfect bullseye patterning all over (though it was more apparent in her baby picts), and her face is about as dark as I’ve ever soon, which contrasts nicely with her light eyes.

Citrine has lots of potential, and is the younger sister of one of my best animals.

Next up:

Malachite

Overview
Born in July 2008, so now 2.00 years old, Malachite – named for a semiprecious green stone that matches her iridescence – was one of eight 2008 acquisitions spread over three breeders. A last-minute addition to her order, she has turned out to be a placid and attractive addition to Living Gems’ lineup. She currently weighs 852 grams. This represents a stunning 382g/81% increase from her last weigh-in three months ago, the highest percentage gain of any snake in my collection (excluding two babies with far lower gram gains). In the quarter before that, she gained another impressive 225g/92%. That’s a quadrupling of her weight in just six months!

Pictures

Inside

Left

Right

Outside

Left

Right

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2010 :  18:54:45  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Onyx

Overview
Born in May 2008, so 2.00 years old, Onyx was one of eight 2008 acquisitions spread over three breeders. She’s a nervous snake when held, but calms down after a few minutes. She currently weighs 928 grams. This represents a nice 368g/66% increase from her last weigh-in three months ago. In the quarter before that, she gained 160g/40%.

Pictures

Inside

Left

Right

Outside

Left

Right

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2010 :  18:56:15  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pyrope

Overview
Born in September 2009, so now nine months old, Pyrope – named for a red gemstone that takes its name from the Greek for “fire” and “eye” – was one of eleven 2009 acquisitions spread over two breeders. She’s baby-tame, and has eaten from my hand before (meaning, she was still wrapped around it when food got close, and leisurely dined while holding me captive with her back half). She currently weighs 114 grams. This represents a 39g/52% increase from her last weigh-in three months ago. In the quarter before that, she gained 35g/88%.

Pictures

Inside

Left

Right

Outside

Front

Side

Rear

Tomorrow's three should tie this picture set up.

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
845 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2010 :  19:08:00  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You have a blooooody amazing collection !! Love them all !!
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2010 :  20:39:21  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well thank you, Ash! I'm actually still in the building phase: I've got lots of above average animals, but not enough stunners yet. Hopefully some of this year's pickups will change that!

More picts tomorrow....

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
845 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2010 :  21:58:58  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snakesitter

Well thank you, Ash! I'm actually still in the building phase: I've got lots of above average animals, but not enough stunners yet. Hopefully some of this year's pickups will change that!

More picts tomorrow....

Gosh you have a lot of BRB's can't wait for more pics , do you have any problem feeders ? As i may need some help with one of my brbs hes a fussy git lol but his sister (Bow) feeds perfect .
Go to Top of Page

IncurableFlirt
Yearling

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2010 :  22:53:07  Show Profile  Send IncurableFlirt an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow, look at those huge back "circles" on Onyx! That pattern is just crazy cool! Another lovely group of ladies. I can hardly wait to see the rest of your beauties. I still think my favorite one so far is Jasper. I just LOVE that dark little face. Wish I lived closer, I'd beg you for one of her offspring. lol!

Jenn.
11.8 Ball pythons
1.0 BCI boa
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2010 :  20:22:47  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
> Do you have any problem feeders?
Almost anyone who does not not strike for their meal can be coaxed to eat by "brown bagging" them with their food for 30 minutes. Those that still refuse are almost always in shed, which I'm cool with. The only real struggle I had was with one who came to me a live mouser. It took an epic struggle to switch her over. I'm happy to answer questions, but I'm sure the mods would prefer to start a new thread for that, so that later readers can more easily find and learn from the experience.

> Wow, look at those huge back "circles" on Onyx! That pattern is just crazy cool!
Onyx has nice back circles, but I think Carnelian's are actually better. Onyx just has better color, and is closer to breeding age.

> I still think my favorite one so far is Jasper. I just LOVE that dark little face. Wish I lived closer, I'd beg you for one of her offspring. lol!
That's what Fed Ex is for! ;-)

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook

Edited by - Snakesitter on 27/08/2010 20:23:17
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2010 :  20:24:15  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Spessartine

Overview
Born in August 2009, so now ten months old, the electric orange Spessartine – named for a vivid red-to-yellow gemstone, the most precious samples of which fittingly come from Brazil – was one of eleven 2009 acquisitions spread over two breeders. A reformed live-only mouse eater, she now takes frozen/thawed rats with increasing enthusiasm. She currently weighs 188 grams. This represents an 88g/88% increase from her last weigh-in three months ago. In the quarter before that, she gained 36g/56%.

Pictures

Inside

Front

Left

Right

Outside

Front

Side

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook